Posted on April 12, 2011, Jon Soucy Dragon Age II PC Patch v1.02 Download
This patch updates Dragon Age 2 to v1.02 and fixes a number of bugs and gameplay issues, including those involving DirectX 11.
Download the Dragon Age II PC Patch v1.02!
Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to visiting the affected area during the current year in the game.
* The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving.
* Anders’s default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate.
* Aveline’s final armor upgrade is now available during “Favor and Fault.”
* Aveline’s Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated.
* The warrior’s Rally talent now functions as described.
* The rogue’s Lacerate talent now functions as described.
* Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly.
* Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker’s Sigh potion, then saving and reloading.
* Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke estate after the main campaign is complete.
* Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur.
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
* “Who Needs Rescuing” can now be completed.
* “Duty” will now appear on the Chanter’s Board even if the player accepted all of the board’s quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
* The journal for “Duty” will now update if the player left the Docks (Night) area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries.
* In “Finders Keepers,” the door to Woodrow’s Warehouse will now open if the player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster’s office.
* In “Finders Keepers,” if the player leaves Woodrow’s Warehouse before finding the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
* In “Herbalist’s Tasks,” the varterral’s heart is now available even if the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest.
* Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of “A New Path” before the plot has been completed.
* Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
* Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
* Varric’s Embellishment talent no longer incorrectly refers to movement speed.
* It is now easier to select party members by clicking on their portraits when the level-up arrow is displayed.
* The game now functions correctly if the Windows desktop is set to 150% size.
* The video options menu now allows a wider full-screen gamma range.
* Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur.
* Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.