The Golden Joystick awards took place yesterday, and as usual there was a huge raft of awards given out to the greatest games released, or still being actively developed, during 2018, with at least half of the awards seeing Red Dead Redemption 2 up for nomination.
It didn't pick up the coveted Game of the Year award, however, as many had expected - that honor has instead gone to Fortnite, the phenomenally popular online Battle Royale game, which is free to play on most platforms.
Red Dead Redemption 2 didn't loose out completely, though, winning the Critics Choice Award, but that was the only award it scooped despite being nominated for a majority of the awards.
Subnautica picked up the PC Game of the Year award, with other notable awards being Playerunknown's Battlegrounds scooping Mobile Game of the Year, God of War picking up PlayStation Game of the Year, and the amazing Forza Horizon 4 picking up Xbox Game of the Year. Octopath Traveler was awarded the Nintendo Game of the Year.
A full list of the awards is below. What did you think of the Golden Joystick Awards 2018? Let us know in the comments below!
- Best Storytelling: God of War
- Studio of the Year: Sony Santa Monica
- Best New Streamer/Broadcaster: Amelia Rose Blaire and Bryan Dechart
- Mobile Game of the Year: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
- Best Competitive Game: Fortnite
- PC Game of the Year: Subnautica
- PlayStation Game of the Year: God of War
- Best Co-op Game: Monster Hunter World
- Xbox Game of the Year: Forza Horizon 4
- Best Visual Design: God of War
- Nintendo Game of the Year: Octopath Traveler
- Best Indie Game: Dead Cells
- Breakthrough Award: Unknown Worlds (Subnautica)
- Most Wanted Game: Cyberpunk 2077
- Critics Choice Award: Red Dead Redemption 2
- Best Audio: God of War
- Still Playing Award: World of Tanks
- Best Performer: Bryan Dechart (Detroit: Become Human)
- Outstanding Contribution: Microsoft (Xbox Adaptive Controller)
- Best VR Game: Skyrim VR
- Game of the Year: Fortnite