Posted on November 30, 2010, Mark Burnham GameFront.com – How to Find Files
Files are a big part of GameFront. We’ve been providing the best collection of demos, patches and mods since 2001. Just saying…
We have (literally) millions of files on GameFront, and there are a few different paths you can take to find what you need. We’ll start with a brand new feature on GameFront–our new “Files” tab on Game Landing Pages. Check it out.
Table of Contents:
- Searching by game title is the best way to find EVERY file for a particular game, all gathered in one hub. Maybe you want a Half-Life 2 mod, but you’re not sure which one yet. Here’s what you should do.
- Select the “Games” radio button right underneath our (new, pretty) search box, and type the title of your game.
- NEW! We have a new unified games search, with over 9,000 games in it(!).
- If you already have a pretty good idea of what you’re looking for, you might try searching for your file right from our (new, pretty) search bar.
- Make sure you select the “Files” radio button, and then search away! Try and match the title of the file as closely as possible.
- GameFront is a BIG site. In addition to our main domain, we also have 70+ sub-sites, called “Network Sites.” Each Network Site focuses on one particular game, and offers a great selection of mods and a thriving mini-community. We have Network Sites for games like Word of Warcraft, StarCraft, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, and so on.
- Getting to the Network Sites is easy! Use the Network Sites dropdown, located in the upper right hand portion of the top nav. That’s pretty much all there is to it.