I don't often like to throw the word "jawdropping" around without cause; but on this occasion I think it's warranted. This is probably the most spectacular looking overhaul mod for any Grand Theft Auto game, ever.
The mod is called Grand Theft Auto 5 Redux, and comes from modder Josh Romito (JR Productions). Josh has gone to an INSANE amount of effort to make what was, lets be fair, an already wonderful looking game look even better.
Apart from totally re-writing the weather system from scratch, with immense attention to detail, the mod also brings simulated global illumination, massively improved shadows, improved tonemapping, re-mastered fog effects, and much more.
The mods other features include;
- Lowered lens artifacts, removed chromatic aberration, noise, and environmental blur for a clean view. - Added brand new motion blur, DOF effects, and additional bokeh, for that picture perfect look.
- Newly added volumetric lighting for all times of day.
- Brand new weather particle effects, including totally original atmospheric mist/fog, pollen particles, dust, and wind debris.
- Individually crafted direct light for each and every body of water in the game. Providing the best looking water to date!
- More location based timecycle edits to give that custom touch to specific area's in the city and country side.
- Limited city light pollution for night time.
- 100% custom cloud hats, cycles, and colors.
- Additional color correction and postfx applied to each weather separately, to allow for the perfect balance.
- Brand new hbao settings, removing odd light bubbles and other bugs.
- Corrected coronas with a brand new texture, thresholds, and exposure limits.
- Increased and fine tuned global reflections.
- Extended street light lod distance and HDR.
- Massively improved terrain tessellation, adding detail to the environment that has never been seen before.
- Removed all character color toning from special abilites, to character switch cam, to weapon wheel, etc.
- Added multiple brand new weathers into the cycle of the weather system. Creating an ever changing and natural cycle, leaving everyday with a new transition and experience.
- Removed color toning when "focusing" on objectives.
- Removed sniper lens and all other lens color toning.
There's no release date yet for the game, but the mod author promises that the release is not far off now, so keep an eye on the official site for updates!
There are no comments yet. Be the first!