Posted on March 8, 2012, GameFront Staff Mass Effect 3: Endings Guide
It’s been a long road, but it’s time for the Mass Effect series to come to a fitting conclusion. What that conclusion is, we have no idea. What we do know is that there are a load of different endings, hundreds of variables, and one big decision that changes the fate of the galaxy forever. For your benefit, we’re keeping spoilers to an absolute minimum, but you’ll find major Mass Effect 2 spoilers beyond with some very implied Mass Effect 3 spoilers to go with. If you’re ready for a second playthrough of just want to see where your Galactic Readiness score does, scroll down below to see how to uncover each of Mass Effect 3′s many endings.
We try to keep story details to a minimum, but there are bound to be…
Mass Effect 2 & 3 Spoilers Ahead!
Note: These decisions alter the events leading up to the ending. For details on the actual endings and how to unlock them specifically, check out the link below.
If you’re looking for some more in-depth spoilers, check out our guide for getting the best endings in Mass Effect 3.
- The endings are split depending on your choice at the end of ME2, whether Shepard decides to destroy or preserve the Collector Base.
- If you don’t import a save file, ME3 will default to Shepard destroying the Collector Base.
- There are 16 total endings, with many different permutations depending on your choices. 8 endings are associated with destroying the Collector Base, while 8 endings are associated with preserving the Collector Base.
- All 16 endings are also dependent on your Effective Military Strength, the score provided by multiplying your War Asset score to your Galactic Readiness Rating. The higher your Effective Military Strength, the better your ending will be.
- At the end of the game you’ll have three options to consider, but these three options won’t always result in a good or bad ending. Many of the endings do not change despite your choice at the end.
- None of the endings are dependent on your morality.
- There are two distinct endings for each of the 8 Galactic Readiness Levels — one for destroying the Collector Base, one for preserving the Collector Base.
Galactic Readiness Level Endings By Score:
Game Front’s Official Mass Effect 3 Video Walkthroughs
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ Mitch – FemShep Paragon)
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ James – MaleShep Renegade)