The first expansion pack of 2019 has been launched for Path of Exile for PC and Xbox One with PS4 coming later this month, GrindingGear Games have announced.
Managing Director of Grinding Gear Games, Chris Wilson commented on the launch of Synthesis by saying that 2019 is expected to be the biggest year in Path of Exile history! Big words coming from a very talented leader of an extremely talented group of developers. In 2018 the game saw an increase of 26% in playtime after their Betrayal expansion pack and I'm sure the developers will be hoping for nothing less than that this year.
In the expansion pack we see a new storyline where players will meet up with Cavas and help him recover some of his lost memories by actually fighting through them, if they can chain those memories together it can gain them some really valuable rewards, crafting pieces and some really cool boss fights. The expansion pack means some new features including new spells and new spellcasting archetypes which are Holy and Chaos casters.
The new features that have been released in the new expansion back are wide-ranging and gives players an opportunity to test their skills and playstyles in many arenas, we'll list them below briefly:
- A new economy and mechanics the Synthesis Challenge League is something for both new and old players to get involved in.
- A new NPC called Cavas, as explained above interact with him and try and chain his memories together for some great new rewards and opportunities.
- Combine those memories and gain access to new areas to get some fantastic new loot and other great boss fights.
- Players can find fractured items in some of Cavas' memories where some rare items are that has locked in properties.
- Upon finding those fractured items they can combine them to create synthesized items, they're of course extremely powerful by allowing you to lock in the properties of the fractured items.
- Betrayal League is being integrated into the core game.
- Balance changes in regards to hand-casting spells.
- Brand new Chaos and Holy caster archetypes.
- 14 brand new gems for you to get to grips with and equip your characters with.
- Even with the new fractured and synthesized items there are 16 new unique items and 16 divination cards designed for you to collect and use.
- End game maps have been updated with new hideouts for you to discover!
A whole host of changes presents itself in the brand new expansion pack for Path of Exiles, the developer sure have been working hard so if you're looking to make your return to playing the game or are thinking of giving the game a go now is the best time to do so! I should also just mention the game is absolutely free to play!
There are no comments yet. Be the first!