Posted on January 30, 2012, Kevin Thielenhaus SWTOR: Republic Fleet Datacron Location – +10 To All Stats
When you’ve finally reached Level 50, what’s left to do in The Old Republic? Finding every Datacron can’t hurt, and the trickiest of the Datacrons to find are the Imperial and Republic Fleet Datacrons, each their own intricate puzzle to solve. It isn’t easy for either side, so load up and find a handful of friends, because this is one puzzle that’ll take trial and error. BEWARE: At the time of posting, both Fleet Datacron locations remain very buggy. Attempt these sections at your own risk.
Republic Fleet Datacron Location Guide
- Before you begin, you’ll need to collect items throughout the galaxy. You’ll need the grappling hook first, found in Alderaan. Take off for King’s Pass, and find Lain-Ricie to purchase the MGGS. It’ll set you back 10,000 credits. To find her, enter the Juran Mountains zone from King’s Pass into the Woodland Path.
- Next, you’ll be finding a Red Crystal on Corellia. Get to Axial Park, and enter the Coronet Zoo. Continue into another building south of the Zoo, at about X: 727, Y: -2228. Following the path south from the Zoo, make a turn right, then watch the left wall. There are some neutral NPCs hanging around a shipping container. Search the container to find the Red Crystal. Click on it to collect.
- Last, you’ll need the Blue Crystal. Find this in the Republic Fleet zone. Go down to the Interfleet Transport, and use the taxi to reach the Gav Daragon Shuttle, or the southern ship on the Fleet map. Once on the ship, run to the elevator ahead and take it to the Bridge Deck. From the Bridge Deck, head south to find another elevator. It isn’t marked, but you’ll notice the circular elevator shaft at the southern tip of the map. Take the southern elevator to the Museum.
- Inside the Museum, head into the exhibit hall and look right just as you enter. On the right platform is a Republic Dropship, with a computer console attached to the platform wall. Jump onto the computer console to reach the top of the platform — try using running jumps with your speeder for best results. On the platform, enter the Dropship and use the computer console inside to fire weapons and open a door directly ahead of the Dropship.
- With the door now open, turn left and follow the path around until you reach a large glowing blue exhibit through a door. Take your Blue Crystal, and you’ll be ready to start the really difficult part of your journey.
- Before starting your hunt, make sure you have at least four people. You can bring more to speed up the process, but you’ll need at least four.
Note: From this point on, the instructions for completing both the Republic and Imperial Fleet Datacron Location become identical.With the blue crystal in hand, return to the main Museum showroom. Across from the Republic Transport platform is another large platform with a Statue ontop. Climb some nearby crates to jump up to the statue, where you’ll see it has several buttons you can interact with. Running towards it, fit your crystal into the empty slot on the right side, then click the button in the center. The forcefield to your right will drop, making it obvious where your next destination is. Enter the newly available door and head through the passage. Down a ramp, you’ll find an obscured forcefield bridge to your left; leave one player at the bridge, while three other players continue into a control room further down the hall. Inside the console room, you’ll find three consoles. Each do something different, but using all three at once will make the previously obscured bridge from before passable. Have one player stand at each console, then click simultaneously. The player waiting at the bridge should rush across, you won’t have much time to cross before the bridge goes offline again. Across the bridge, you’ll find an identical control room that works in tandem with the previous control room. Think of each computer console as a number; the left, right and center consoles are 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Once you’re across, have the player at console 3 wait at the bridge, while you take your place at the identical control room’s console 3, and hit all three at once. Repeat the process a few times to get everyone across. This is when things get tricky. Across the bridge, you’ll need to find three Magnetic Stabilizers, and four buttons that need to be pressed simultaneously. The the first buttons are down the railing, further down the path from the second control room. Jump down onto the black railing and follow it to the wall. For the first active Magnetic Stabilizer, look right and down. Another player can jump onto a nearby railing left and follow it around to the button. Put two players in position at the first two buttons, then you can go looking for the second two buttons. The second two buttons can only be accessed by Magnetic Stabilizers, but both of the stabilizers are inactive until two players hit those first two buttons described above at the same time. Find the stabilizers first, then have the first two players hit their switches to activate them. The two inactive Magnetic Stabilizers are tricky to find. The first, look directly up from the red central console looking out towards the bridge. Above you, and slightly left, look on the wall for an alcove above a large rectangular rail. The second of these inactive Magnetic Stabilizers you can find just as you jump to the railing from the control room hallway. Hop down onto the railing, and immediately turn right and look straight down. You should spot a narrow railing leading to a larger one back around a corner right. Jump down and follow the path, turning right, then looking up and left for an alcove above with the inactive Magnetic Stabilizer. With everyone in position, have the first two players activate their switches at the same time. The Magnetic Stabilizers will activate, and the second set of players can reach their own buttons. With all four players near four buttons, activate the second set of buttons at the same time. Now, have everyone type in [/stuck] and you’ll all reappear in the control room below. Jump back down onto the main rail and look up and left at the large square structure. A new Magnetic Stabilizer point is active! Have everyone zip up to the tiny railing. It might get tricky, as this railing gets very crowded. With everyone on the narrow ledge, you’ll see two Magnetic Stabilizer points. Just as you reach the ledge, turn left. Straight ahead is the door leading (FINALLY) to the Datacrons, but the Magnetic Stabilizer is inactive. To your right, you can see an active Stabilizer. Have one player use this active Stabilizer and hit the switch there. With this final switch activated, the Magnetic Stabilizer above the door ahead will open. Have everyone zip across, open the door, run down the hallway, and open one more door for a short cutscene. Congratulations! What a ride.
Have problems getting this to work? Need more help? Please drop us a comment!