Posted on September 2, 2014, GameFront Staff The Sims 4: Cheat Codes, Console Commands & Test Mode
Players hungry to build massive mansions and live the high live can do just that with these easy-to-input cheat codes and console commands. Just follow the instructions below for an infinite supply of cash and real estate. If only it was that easy in real life.
Follow our Sims 4 cheats list for the latest guides and articles covering anything hidden, secret, or interesting concerning the fourth in the simulation mega-franchise. Or see the game played with our main man Mitch in his Sims 4 first look Let’s Play video and get a feel for the first huge game of the Fall season.
Cheat Codes, Console Commands & Test Mode
Work-in-Progress: Check back soon for new updates. There are more codes and commands out there, so let us know what we missed!
There are multiple methods to cheat and change the game world, either through typing codes or combining keys. Learn about every method we know (so far) with the instructions below.
How to Open the Cheat Console
To input cheat codes, open the console window with this key combinations:
- PC: Ctrl + Shift + C
- Mac: Cmnd + Shift + C
A small window will appear. Type in the codes below to unlock the corresponding function.
List of Cheat Codes
Note: Codes can be toggled on or off by repeating the code or swapped [on/off] or [true/false]
- Help: Lists currently available console commands / cheat codes.
- rosebud: Instantly deposits 1,000$
- kaching: Instantly deposits 1,000$
- motherlode: Instantly deposits 50,000$
- fullscreen: Toggles fullscreen mode on or off.
- FreeRealEstate on: Makes all neighborhood real estate free.
- FPS on: Activates FPS display
- headlineeffects on: Toggles headline graphics.
- Resetsim [Sim Full Name]: Resets Sim.
- death.toggle: Toggles death on/off. When toggled off, Sims cannot die.
- testingcheats true: Enables Testing Mode. Check below for more details.
How Testing Mode Works
While Testing Mode is active, certain unique cheats can be enabled to alter selected objects or Sims more than is normally available to players.
To activate Testing Mode, input the code through the normal method listed above:
- testingcheats true: Activates Testing Cheats Mode. Type [False] instead of [True] to deactivate.
The codes listed below only function once Testing Mode is activated. After activating Testing Mode, open the console command window through the methods listed above.
The codes below only work once a Sim or Object has been selected.
List of Testing Mode Cheats
- cas.fulleditmode: Enter this code while Testing Mode is activated and with a Sim selected to re-edit all base level attribute of a completed Sim.
More codes coming once they are confirmed!
- Shift+ ] (Right Bracket): Increases the size of the object you select.
More Maxis Sim game unlockables, cheat codes, and guides.
The Sims 4: How to Get the Voodoo Doll
The Sims 4: Unofficial Career, Emotions, and Skills Cheat Codes
The Sims 4: How to Grow Cow Plants
The Sims 4: How to Unlock Hidden Lots
The Sims 4: Infinite Cash Cheat Codes [Unlimited Simoleons]
Simcity 2013: How to Unlock All Disasters
Simcity 2013: Cheat Codes