There are already a load of cheats to use in The Sims 4, but that’s never enough for EA’s voracious audience.
That’s why clever and patient Sims forum users have uncovered even more codes, allowing you to alter career progress, emotion buffs, and set skills to whatever you require. You can even call in mechanics or maids as you please — or turn your very own Sims into maids! Check out the huge list of unofficial cheats below.
If you’re looking for even more fun ways to mess with the latest Maxis life simulator, browse through the Sims 4 cheats compendium for extra codes, secret locations, and tons more stuff. Or watch GameFront’s Sims 4 review stream to see what our intrepid team thinks.
Unofficial Career, Emotions, and Skill Cheats
WARNING: These cheats are untested. Use codes at your own discretion. Some cheats may corrupt save files. Before using these cheats, test them on a random household!
These extra unofficial cheats were discovered by Forums User TwistedMexican, and compiled by Forums User Hellbiter88 from the official Sims EA forums.
With these cheats, players can quickly control emotions, give buffs to stats, improve skills, set cash amounts, instantly upgrade careers, or change the behavior of their Sims. There’s a ton of unique debug features to discover.
ALL CODES REQUIRE INPUTTING:
How to Use Cheat Codes
To use cheats, press the hot-key combination below to bring up the console command input.
- PC: Ctrl + Shift + C
- Mac: Cmnd + Shift + C
With the console window up, type in the codes listed below.
- testingcheats true
Below you’ll find Hellbiter88′s unedited post. We just wanted to share this awesome find with GameFront’s readers!
- “Sims.remove_all_buffs”–Removes all moodlets/emotions
- “Sims.add_buff [buff, low/high]”–Adds a particular buff to the sim (spelling is very important)
Values for buffs:
sims.add_buff e_buff_confident (This enables the cowplant essence effect, powerful and longer lasting)
Energized: EnergizedLow or EnergizedHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Flirty: FlirtyLow or FlirtyHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Inspired: InspiredLow or InspiredHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Focused: FocusedLow or FocusedHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Playful: PlayfulLow or PlayfulHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Sad: SadLow or SadHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
Angry: Social_Angry, e_Buff_Angry, feelingangry, unfaithful (these all stack)
Happy: Social_Happy or e_Buff_Happy (these two stack)
Embarrassed: e_buff_embarrassed, peedself (these two stack)
***NOTE: e_buff is the same mood effect granted by cowplant essence, strong and lasts 12 hours[/list]
CAREERS AND SKILLS
- “Careers.promote [NameOfCareer]”–Promotes Sim in current career
- “Careers.demote [NameOfCareer]”–Demotes Sim in current career
- “Careers.add_career [NameOfCareer]”–Adds a career
- “Careers.remove_career [NameOfCareer]”–Removes a career
- “Careers.promote Gradeschool” –Raises child’s grade performance by one letter grade
- “Careers.promote Highschool” –Raises a teenager’s grade performance by one letter grade
Example: “testingcheats true” followed by “careers.promote secretagent” –Earns one promotion
- “Stats.set_skill_level 1-10” –Adjusts a sim’s skill level
Values for skills:
Note: Skilltypes are in two varieties. AdultMajor and Skill. Leaving the Adult off should still allow the command to execute.
EXAMPLES: “stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Programming 10” or “stats.set_skill_level Major_Programming 10”
MONEY AND ASPIRATIONS
- “Money ###”–Set’s funds to exact number
- “Sims.modify_funds +/-###” –Adds or subtracts value from current funds
Example: “Money 25000″ or “Sims.modify_funds +500”
- “Aspirations.complete_current_milestone”–Completes current aspiration challenge and awards points (This one owns)
- sims.add_buff Satisfaction_Points–Adds 100 aspiration/satisfaction points. However, this applies as a buff and so, you will need clear with sims.remove_all_buffs before reapplying.
INFINITE CONSUMABLE ITEMS
- “objects.consumables_infinite_toggle” –Toggles the use of unlimited consumable items such as plates of food and aspiration rewards potions
Note: This cheat must be activated BEFORE you spawn/create/purchase the item. When using aspiration potions, the sim will continue to sip from the cup forever. In the case of eating plates of food, the sim will continue to eat the same plate of food forever. THIS CHEAT DOES NOT WORK WITH UPGRADE PARTS.
RELATIONSHIPS AND TRAITS
- “Modifyrelationship YourSim(first name) YourSim(last name) TargetSim(first name) TargetSim(last name) (-)50 Track_type” –Modifies relationship between two sims
Types of relationships (friends and romance): “Friendship_Main and Romance_Main”
Examples: “Modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alexia Mercado -50 Friendship_Main” [For negative friendship] and “Modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alexia Mercado 50 Romance_Main” [For positive romance]
- “traits.equip_trait [traitnameNoSpaces]”–Equips a particular trait for your sim
Example: “traits.equip_trait SteelBladder”
- “traits.remove_trait [traitnameNoSpaces]”–Removes a trait
- “traits.clear_traits”–Removes all traits from sim
SIMS, AGING, AND SERVICE ROLES
- “Sims.Spawn”–Spawns sim and adds them to your household.
- “Sims.spawnsimple”–Spawns sim on lot as visitor without adding to household.
- “Setage”–Set’s your sim to adult age
Handyman: Enables an NPC to come to the lot and fix broken objects
soak.enable_soak_handyman_situation (execute this cheat first)
soak.create_soak_handyman_situation (execute this cheat after)
Maid: Enables an NPC to come to the lot and clean
soak.enable_soak_maid_situation (execute this cheat first)
soak.create_soak_maid_situation (execute this cheat after)
Party: Causes a ton of sims to show up for a party on your lot. They leave after a few sim hours have passed.
soak.enable_soak_party_situation (execute this cheat first)
soak.create_soak_party_situation (execute this cheat after)
Make your sim act like a maid!
They’ll behave normally, do everything you tell them to as soon as you tell them, and do whatever they want when you aren’t directing them. The difference? The second there’s a puddle, a dirty plate, or trash to be taken out, they’ll stop their own actions and go fix it.
Turn Maid Behavior on:
Turn Maid Behavior off:
Thanks again to Hellbiter88 & TwistedMexican for discovering these awesome cheat codes!
More Maxis Sim game unlockables, cheat codes, and guides.
The Sims 4: How to Grow Cow Plants
The Sims 4: How to Unlock Hidden Lots
Simcity 2013: How to Unlock All Disasters
Simcity 2013: Cheat Codes