Posted on October 19, 2007, Chris Two Warhawk Patches Incoming
Game Director of the PlayStation 3 exclusive Warhawk, Dylan Jobe, made a post today on PlayStation.Blog about the details of a new patch that’s on the verge of release. He also admitted (without any sugar-coated “strawberry-flavored, pink, PR candy shell” as he called it) that there are problems with the game, including those with stats and connection issues, among other things.
Apparently, there have been patches released on the server-side of things to fix most of the issues with stats that players wouldn’t have noticed. The updates also fixed many of the connection issue, although the modest Jobe admitted that not all of them have been ironed out.
He said the other issues people are experiencing will require a patch to be downloaded; the v1.1 patch will be the first of two patches released, although Jobe said he would speak more about the second patch in a future post.
The v1.1 patch is currently in testing and should be released by the end of October. It “addresses the critical issues with stats and connectivity.” He offered up a change list for those interested in the minute details, which can be viewed after the break.
As for the issue of stat-padders and griefers (that’s not something *I* would ever do), Jobe announced a new Arbiter program, which will more or less feature moderators for the Warhawk community that will keep an eye on leaderboards, stats, and in-game actions. They can punish players in a variety of ways, including email warnings, kicks, temporary/permanent bans, or a stat wipe.
- Stat database stability improvements
- Improved server stability
- Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
- Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
- “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.
Client-side updates for Patch v1.1
- Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
- Significantly improved client connection stability
- Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
- Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
- Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
- Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.