This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 9 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on June 9, 2009, Shawn Sines Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta Getting Tweaks & Updates
In a post on the official US PlayStation Blog, Justin Richmond, one of Uncharted 2′s Multiplayer Designers commented on the great success that the recent beta test of the upcoming games’ multiplayer mode has been. Bundled with retail copies of Sucker Punch’s inFAMOUS the competitive online game mode for the previously solo only series has benefited Naughty Dog’s team greatly and the team is preparing to implement some changes to the beta.
The Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta is about to enter its second week, and we’re already making some tweaks to improve your experience. We are preparing a patch for release in the next few days. Properly applying this patch requires some careful attention on your end: You must watch the screen closely while booting into the beta. As soon as you see the patch message come up in the XMB overlay, you should hit X to accept as quickly as possible.
Richmond describes the fixes included in the beta patch and goes on to announce the dates for “Play with the Developer” events during the ongoing testing cycles.
The patch fixes include:
- Grenade explosions now apply damage properly
- Players should no longer get hung up in matchmaking for long periods of time
- Ranks should no longer reset randomly
- Quitting the game will no longer reset the PS3
- Player collision – players should no longer get hung up on each other when moving through the environment
- Player will now be killed if stuck in falling animation for too long
- In Plunder mode, treasures will no longer disappear during matches
There are no comments yet. Be the first!