This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on December 8, 2007, Stephany Universe at War: Earth Assault Hits the PC on Monday; Celebrations Planned
Universe at War: Earth Assault for the PC will finally be hitting shelves on Monday December 10th. In celebration of the impending launch, SEGA has partnered up with iGames gaming centers this weekend to hold launch tournaments at 30-50 of their locations, so if there’s one in your town head on over and check out the action.
But the fun doesn’t end there; next weekend marks the beginning of Microsoft’s “Play and Win” tournament. All LIVE gamers that register and play Universe at War: Earth Assault online from Dec 14-16 get a chance to win a prize. As long as you play, you get a chance. One prize will be given every hour over the 72 hours of the competition. Topping off the “Play and Win” tournament, on Friday, Dec 14 from 3pm-7pm PST or 6pm-10pm EST, there will also be a “Game with Petro” event where the developers will be playing online against gamers.
Tournament and promotional details are listed after the break.
iGAMES Launch Tournament and Promotions (Dec 8th through 9th)
The highlights of the partnership are:
- Launch tournaments in 30-50 game centers across the country during the weekend before launch (Dec 8-9)
- Promotional postcards sent to 10,000 iGames customers to promote launch party
- Posters promoting Universe at War in 500 game centers
- Hold “free 1-hour play” showcase event two weeks after launch to promote Universe at War at 100 game centers
- Banners on iGames’ website
- Two HTML newsletters sent to game centers and their customers promoting Universe at War
Microsoft “Play and Win” Promotion (Dec 14th through 16th)
Here are the key details:
- All LIVE gamers that register and play the game online from Dec 14-16 get a chance to win a prize. As long as you play, you get a chance. One prize will be given every hour over the 72 hours of the competition.
- Microsoft, SEGA, NVIDIA, and Dell are all contributing prizes. There is a basic prize package given away once every hour.
- Grand Prize (Quantity 1) Custom Built gaming Windows Vista PC with Universe at War art on the PC case, 24” widescreen Dell monitor, Sidewinder mouse, Games for Windows Jacket, Universe at War Art Book, Universe at War Brady Games Strategy Guide, 1-yr Gold membership card for Games for Windows -LIVE, Universe at War mouse-pad.
- Second Prize (Quantity 3) NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT graphics card, Sidewinder mouse, Universe at War Brady Games Strategy Guide, 1-yr Gold membership card for Games for Windows -LIVE, Universe at War mouse-pad.
- Hourly Prize Package (Quantity 68) Universe at War Brady Games Strategy Guide, Games for Windows T-shirt, 1-yr Gold membership card for Games for Windows -LIVE, Universe at War mouse-pad
- The promotion will be advertised across the Xbox and GFW sites, the Universe at War site, and supported by a SEGA media alert and newsletter blast.
- On Friday, Dec 14 from 3pm-7pm PST, there will also be a “Game with Petro” event where the developers will be playing online against gamers.
How to recognize Petroglyph developers you can play with: The team at Petroglyph will be playing under the following gamer tags. Make sure to look out for them to get a chance at playing with the creators of Universe at War: Earth Assault
- UaWProd – Ted M – Producer
- UaWAssocProd – Jeff J – Assoc. Producer
- UaWCommMgr -Chris A – Community Manager
- UaWDes4 – Chris R – Designer
- UaWLeadDes – Steve C – Lead Designer
- UaWDes1 – Rick D – Designer
- UaWDes2 – Jeff S – Designer
- UaWDes3 – Dan E – Designer
There are no comments yet. Be the first!