Posted on February 1, 2008, Chris Update Inbound for Check Mii Out
If you haven’t turned your Wii on recently, the next time you do, you’ll find a new update that is now available for the Check Mii Out channel. The changes are nothing drastic, and according to Loot Ninja, here’s what’s new:
- In the Posting Plaza, you can now easily find all the Miis you’ve posted
- When viewing a Mii Artisan’s profile, you can now select to see all Miis posted by that Artisan
- If you cancel out of judging a contest a return later, any Miis you’ve selected previously for the contest will be retained
- Parental Controls are now supported in the channel. If a user chooses to block “exchange of user generated content” from the Parental Controls menu in Wii Settings, users will be prompted to enter the Parental Controls PIN in order to enter the channel
- When viewing Miis in the Posting Plaza under the “Popular” category, you can now view 500 of the most popular Miis over the past two weeks instead of 50
- When using the Mii search feature, the Miss Entry Number is retained on the Entry Number screen. If the Mii you’re searching for is not fond, re-entry of the number is no necessary, making i easier to modify your search.
Sounds like this update was more about simply making the channel more convenient to use than adding any new features.
So Nintendo, how about that demo channel that everyone is begging you for?