Posted on July 6, 2007, Stephany Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Published by Square-Enix and developed by Tri-Ace, this classic style RPG follows in the footsteps of its predecessor Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth with state of the art graphics, compelling storylines, and fantastic controls with great gameplay. This game has been out for almost a year now for the PS2, and if you have not played it, I highly recommend Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. This is a great sequel for fans of the franchise, but the addition of the dash move that you must master to succeed in combat drove me around the twist. Trying to handle direction and distance for your party is a bit difficult for such an component in battle. However, the rest of the game is almost perfect even with the weird dash move for combat, and being such a fun and aesthetically pleasing game, you get over it pretty quickly.
Odin the mightiest of the gods is facing a crisis of mortal proportions. After an incident ignited a conflict between Odin and the Valkyrie Silmeria he hastily reincarnates her spirit into Alicia, Princess of Dipan. However, the spirit of the battle maiden awakens within Alicia, still seeking vengeance.
As Alicia ages, her father, King Barbarossa of Dipan – believing her to be possessed, declares Alicia dead and exiles her to castle far far away…. Odin learns of Silmeria’s awakening and orders the Hrist Valkyrie to summon her spirit to Valhalla. Alicia Ã¢$”and SilmeriaÃ¢$”while trying to escape Odin’s wrath embark on a journey where nothing is what it seems and no one can be trusted.
“Sacred treasures offering unimaginable power suggest hope for independence, but manipulation and intrigue fool those who fight fate into fulfilling more diabolical destinies. The battle rages through the realm of Midgard, over the bridge of Bifrost, into the heavens of Asgard, and beyond as the struggle for controlÃ¢$”over Alicia’s fate and the fate of all existenceÃ¢$”unfolds in unforeseeable dimensions.”
- Puzzle-solving using the Photon Action System, an enhanced evolution of the popular crystal systemÃ¢$”freeze enemies and swap positions to reach new heights!
- Simultaneous multi-character combat places the controls of four separate characters at your fingertipsÃ¢$”perform advanced combos and tandem maneuvers with dazzling results.
- Classic VALKYRIE PROFILE gameplay is updated with a state-of-the-art 3D side-scrolling system that produces amazingly crafted environments that revitalize the franchise’s 2D roots.
- A gripping tale of abandonment, loneliness, and revenge crafted by the masterful storytellers at tri-Ace.
- Lush environments are bathed in a glorious lighting system, enabling a new level of brilliant visual effects.