This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on June 21, 2007, Stephany Warhammer: Mark of Chaos Patch
The new patch (v1.72) for Warhammer: Mark of Chaos adds a bunch of balance tweaks, as well as fixing various bugs and crashes. The RTS takes place a year after the Great War, during which the brutal Chaos armies swept across the Empire lands.
“Many fierce battles still rage across the Old World.Portions of the defeated Chaos armies have retreated to the distant Northern Wastes, while others have fallen to hostile groups. Among these tribes, new Champions rise up in an effort to reunite the Chaos forces, yet eventually all fail. None can match the power of their fallen leader, Asavar Kul.The united Empire and High Elf forces hunt the Chaos hordes from the Empire territories, still alert because danger lurks around them in the form of smaller enemy warbands that loot the settlements of the border lands. Now, four powerful armies – Empire, Chaos, Skaven and High Elves – along with other “dogs of war” including Orcs, Dwarfs, Vampires and Goblins, clash amidst breathtaking scenery in an epic battle for land and power.”
Sounds pretty interesting. I have never played the Warhammer games, but I know a lot of people really seem to digg them – and with Age of Reckoning being the fastest growing beta in the history of MMORPG, you have to admit that the devs are doing something right.
Here is a list of fixes, new features, and balance changes included in the patch:
- Added new host options to multiplayer games:
- Friendly Fire
- No Hero
- No Siege
- No Mercenaries
- No Items
- More units capture reinforcement and refill camps faster.
- Support for multiplayer clans.
- Undo (right click) and reset options in the skill tree.
- Displaying cannon accuracy information.
- Updated Gamespy SDK.
- Tooltips for all main menu buttons.
- Enemy/Ally names are displayed in the army mouse-over tooltips.
Get more information, and download the patch after the jump.
- Fixed crash that occurred when a player tried to load a custom multiplayer map that was not available in the game directory.
- Fixed crash that occurred when making a 4 player AI game custom setup on Internet.
- Fixed bug that prevented melee units to attack moving enemy units properly.
- Fixed bug where the resistance updates provided by certain items were not displayed properly.
- Fixed bug with Prince on Dragon’s skill Implacable Heart.
- Fixed bug that occurred when trying to save a replay after watching a replay.
- Fixed bug where Ignore function in chat lobby only affected private messages.
- Fixed bug where Restoration of Isha skill affected and healed heroes that were in duel.
- Fixed bug with Command skill Blessing of Grimnir.
- Fixed bug with Combat skill Rune of Striking.
- Fixed bug where Sigil of Sigmar’s magic resistance bonus doesn’t stack with Glimmercloak.
- Fixed bug where HP increase for certain units following gained levels did not carry over between missions.
- Fixed some inconsistent upgrade restrictions between Army Composer and Reinforcement Camps.
- Fixed bug where victory or defeat message did not appear.
- Fixed tooltip descriptions for Standard Bearer and Musician.
- Fixed bug where units could be upgraded with weapons and armour not normally available to them.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using Plague on a friendly hero with Lightning Shield.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to have nearly unlimited gold to make armies for Multiplayer.
- Fixed bug with gold value becoming negative with no initial army created.
- Fixed bug where defenders on siege maps could have their morale broken by Attackers just walking in. Now morale loss is limited to 50%.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to cancel Customize Army save window.
- Fixed bug where using the slash commands in game lobby could cause graphical UI problems.
- Fixed bug where Packmasters remained on map after Giant Rats have been killed.
- Fixed bug where upgrades that were normally not available for certain units were purchasable at Reinforcement Camps.
- Fixed bug with purchasing Champion upgrade at Reinforcement Camp.
- Fixed bug where private messages from the lobby sent to players that were in game did not get received.
- Flee button allows goblins to kill NPC handgunner unit_
- Fixed bug with Great Eagles purchased from reinforcement camps that always appeared at level 2.
- Fixed bug where Level 1 Trolls purchased at Reinforcement Camps came out as Level 2.
- Fixed bug where Resistance did not update when using the Knights of Khaine ability.
- Fixed bug where Prince on Dragon could not put any points into Bladestorm Combat skill.
- Fixed bug where top-tier duelling skills did not function when used against an enemy hero in multiplayer.
- Fixed bug where Elector Count on Griffon had the same icon for Crushing Blow and Cannot Capture.
- Fixed bug where players could not proceed through tutorial if disable border scrolling was active.
- Fixed some text bugs.
- Supernatural Resilience skill now decreases the attacker’s chance to hit by 5% per level.
- Blessing of Asuryan spell – Mana cost decreased from 300 to 225, cooldown time decreased from 60 to 45 sec, lifetime increased from 20 to 30 sec, chance to hit increased from 15% to 20%, bonus per level decreased from 5% to +4%.
- Flames of the Phoenix spell – Chance to hit increased from 10% to 15%, duration decreased from 3 to 2 sec, bonus per level increased from 1 to 2 sec.
- Cloak of Warding now gives 10% shooting resist instead of 15%.
- Shield of Ptola now gives 10% shooting resist instead of 15%.
- Morrian Ring now gives 5% shooting resist instead of 10%.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!