Posted on May 28, 2014, GameFront Staff Watch Dogs: How to Escape Level 5 Police Chases
Lose the cops and earn the “Free Radical” achievement with ease in Watch Dogs with our simple methods for escape. We’re not even including the all-powerful Blackout ability that turns out the lights for an entire city block. In Watch Dogs, there are more ways to hide, and we’ve listed three escape options below.
Got your own sure-fire methods for ditching wanted levels? Let us know in the comments.
Dig into the techno-thriller campaign with our Watch Dogs video walkthrough, or uncover extra secrets, Easter eggs and collectibles on the Watch Dogs cheats list, aggregating every informative article for Ubisoft’s open-world shooter.
How to Escape Level 5 Police Chases
Work-In-Progress: Check back soon for new updates.
Method #1: Train Escape
- One of the easiest methods for escape involves the raised L-Line trains throughout the city. After raising your wanted level to 5, hop into a train and ride it to safety.
Method #2: ctOS Building Underground Garage
- Travel to the ctOS multi-floored pavilion in The Loop. Bring a car to escape through the front door when you have full stars. You’ll also need to be able to activate vehicle blockers and garage doors.
- Start on the upper floor and start causing havoc. Go on a rampage with your weapons to draw in the police. Continue to fight with the police on the upper floors until your wanted level increases to 5.
- Once you do, hop in the car and travel to the road directly west of the building. There’s a small underground parking lot north of the train station with blockers and a garage shutter.
- Drive to the underground lot, activate the blockers to stop any pursuing cars, then hack the garage shutter. Raise it, drive in, then lower it and park.
- Once you’re behind the garage door, run to the locked door on foot, unlock it by hacking the switch console, then wait in the hallway until you’re clear.
Method #3: Parking Lot Hiding Spot
- Any of the tall parking lots work. After hitting wanted level 5, drive to a high floor of the lot. The third or fourth floor will do.
- Don’t go to the open-air top floor or you’ll be spotted by helicopters. Stay below a roof and select to hide in your car once the police have lost sight.
- Sit and hide until they give up the chase.
Achievement / Trophy unlocked
- Free Radical (30 points / Silver):
Escape a Level 5 Police Chase
More Watch Dogs collectibles, Easter eggs, and extras.