This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 6 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on August 8, 2012, Phil Hornshaw Whoa — Massive Supposed Black Ops 2 Leak Appears Online
The information comes by way of Dualshockers. The post states that the site was tipped off via Twitter of a leak by a fan, and the post contains the leak document in its entirety. It should be noted that there’s absolutely no evidence that the list is true, nor any way for Dualshockers (or us) to really vet it. The level of detail, however, suggests that it’s possible the infodump is the real deal, and we’re hoping to corroborate it with Activision.
I won’t repost the list in its entirety because it’s enormous, but here are a few quick hits. Warning: Might be spoilers in here.
- “Single player has perks, and special ones are ones such as brute force. What this means is through a single player level there are certain areas of the game you can only access if have this perk. This will allow you to break a lock and get special grenades or extra guns for example.”
- Among the levels is the U.S.S. Barack Obama, “an aircraft carrier. [Primary antagonist Raul] Menendez is held captive. While he is being interviewed, Menendez escapes while the Cordis Die group attacks. Near the end of the mission, player is able to actually play as Menendez, taking hostages, then escape while shooting gas grenades with a launcher.”
- Another level is set in Yemen: “Play as Fahrid, an undercover informant. This mission contains a choice that can effect the rest of the story. Harper is taken captive and Mendez gives you a gun and tell you to shoot him. You can either choose to shoot and kill Harper to maintain your cover, or to shoot Menendez. If player chooses to shoot Menendez, he will grab your gun then shoot the player. Player then plays as Mason. In either decision, Mendez is captured at the end of the mission.”
- In multiplayer, “you can now make a class based on how much equipment you have, rather than having to choose stuff you don’t ever use. For example, it is possible to have 6 perks if you choose to not carry a primary or secondary weapon (you will have just a knife). If you choose to pick a primary gun, it will say you need to replace one of those perks. If you don’t like any perks, you can add more features to your primary or secondary.”
- “Black ops 2 will now feature deticated (sic) servers, so now you wont have to worry about host migrations when someone leaves the match.”
- “Black Ops 2 will now have a live streaming feature built right in. You can automatically stream your gameplay over the internet easily. You would require a camera though for the feature that shows your face. This may or may not work with Kinect.”
- On Perks: “Ghost- No information
Fast Hands – Swap weapons faster and throw grenades faster.
Dexterity– Climb obstacles faster
Lightweight– Either run faster, or run longer.. not much info on that.
Flak Jacket – Same as in Black Ops 1.
Tactical mask – Resistant against flash bangs, concussion grenades,
spikes, emp grnades
Cold blooded –No information
There is no last stand perk in the game.”
- Zombies: “Player can get infected turn into a zombie, and play as a zombie, attacking other players. The zombie’s hands are in first person mode while you swipe and claw other players. Danny Trejo returns to voice a character in Zombie campaign mode.”
There’s even more over on the Dualshockers post, including a rundown of weapons supposedly featured in the game. We’ve reached out to Activision for a comment on the leak; we’ll let you know if and when we hear anything back.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!