Posted on March 11, 2008, Chris WiiWare Launching in Japan on March 25
Nintendo’s downloadable games platform will be up and running in just two weeks over in Japan, on Tuesday, March 25. The US launch is still planned for May 12; just two months from tomorrow. Nine games will be ready to go on day one in Japan, ranging from 500 Wii Points up to 1500.
The games are as follows:
- Okiraku Ping-Pong Wii (Arc System Works, 500 points)
- Word Puzzle Mojipittan Wii (Bandai Namco, 1000 points)
- Sakusaku Animal Panic (Konami, 1000 points)
- Star Soldier R (Hudson, 800 points)
- My Life As A King: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix, 1500 points)
- Angel’s Solitaire (G-Mode, 500 points)
- Dr. Mario & Bacillus Extermination (Nintendo, 1000 points)
- Everybody’s Pokemon Ranch (Nintendo, 1000 points)
- Lonpos (Genki, 1000 points)
Game|Life has a few details and thoughts on the games, but you’ll need to know Japanese if you want to visit the official Nintendo site to read everything. There are screenshots, though, so browse on over and see what WiiWare has in store.
There looks like there’s going to be some interesting games, but not unlike any of the other console downloadable games services, there are plenty to pass on, too. Do you see anything you might want to buy in May?