Posted on April 22, 2014, Phil Hornshaw WildStar Gets Another Beta Weekend Starting April 25
NCSoft and Carbine Studios have added another closed weekend session to their rotation of WildStar beta sessions, allowing players to jump in and try the new MMO on Friday, April 25.
After wrapping up an extra-long beta weekend that ended Monday, the plan was previously to launch WildStar’s next session on May 2. This new session means there will be one on each weekend for at least three weeks straight, and with the April 25 session comes a raise in the beta level cap to 25.
That means players checking out WildStar in its early state will get access to new content, according to a Turbine press release:
- New Adventure – Northern Wilds Adventure is a MOBA style group content experience for you and four of your buddies. Take over the whole map and destroy the enemy base to win, but watch out for the defending faction… they’ll viciously fight to win so come prepared to kick ass.
- Whitevale – The Dominion version of Alcatraz, Invading Alien scientists (…that dissect anything that moves), and a sunken ship filled with treasure hungry Marauders are waiting for your arrival. Oh … and a nuclear teraformer explosion has unleashed brain controlling squid on the Exile and Dominion military forces. No big deal.
- Hoverboards – Like hoverboarding? Duh. Of course you do. Get your hoverboard at a mount vendor in the capital city!
- Abilities and AMPs – Get new abilities to put in your Limited Action Set so you can continue to customize the way you destroy baddies, and unlock more perks in our AMP system.
- Unlock more clues to the history of the Eldan – Where did this hyper-advanced race go? What kind of technology and secrets are out there? Where can you get a solid space fish taco on Nexus? Get out there and find out, Spanky.
If you’re interested in getting into the WildStar beta, you can get instant access by preordering the game at wildstar-online.com, where you can also sign up for the beta key list. You might also try showing up for GameFront’s May 2 livestream of the game, where we’ll be giving away codes as well.
Already played a little WildStar? Let us know what you think in the comments. I personally have been shooting forest creatures up to about level 10, and I must admit I still haven’t taken the time to really learn how abilities and AMPs work just yet. I’m pretty good at shooting forest creatures, though.