Posted on March 19, 2014, Ron Whitaker Wildstar Pre-orders Are Live
Pre-orders have started this morning for Wildstar, the new MMO from Carbine Studios.
Wildstar mixes a distinct animation style with some familiar gameplay wand new twists. It also sports player housing, dynamic combat, and what Carbine Studios describes as, “Hundreds of hours of pre-cap content and over 2 thousand of hours of content after the cap,” available at launch. It also incorporates a subscription model that seems similar to that of EVE Online, in which you can purchase an in-game item that will extend your subscription time, or you can just pay a monthly fee in real dollars.
If this sounds like something up your alley, there are a few nice perks for those who pre-order, including,
- Early game access beginning Saturday, May 31 (three days prior to the game’s official launch)
- An exclusive Rocket House
- A mini-ship housing decoration, which grants players additional rest experience points
- A 10-slot storage bag to increase character inventory
- The opportunity to reserve character and guild names prior to launch
Wildstar will be available at two price points – a $59.99 Standard Edition and a $74.99 Deluxe Edition which tosses in a few extra goodies, like a hoverboard.
You can check out both editions of the game, and get your pre-order in if you’re so inclined, by visiting the game’s official website.
Stay tuned to GameFront for more on Wildstar, as our Janelle Bonanno has hands-on coverage coming up soon.