Posted on March 26, 2014, Mike Sharkey Wolfenstein Panzerhund Edition Revealed, Game Not Included
For those of you with a love for collectibles, B.J. Blazkowicz and $100 to burn, there is the Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition.
Bethesda revealed the Wolfenstein collector’s edition this morning, and whaddaya know, it actually is a collector’s edition. There are only 5,000 of the individually numbered CE’s and they come bundled in a footlocker-style box packed with the following:
- An 8 inch fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base
- Classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, blueprints and an x-ray
- A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book
- Three embroidered patches
- Custom replica dog tags
- An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game **Actual game sold separately.
You read that last bold bit correctly. The game is not included in this package in any form. If you do choose to purchase the $100 Panzerhund Edition, you’ll have to spend an extra $60 to get Wolfenstien: The New Order. Here’s how Bethesda spins it:
Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we’ll send you these goodies separately—this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you’re not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.
If you’re interested, you can snag a Panzerhund Edition exclusively from the official Bethesda Store. Just don’t forget to buy the game, too.