This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on July 11, 2007, William World In Conflict Beta Goes Public
We have been talking about World in Conflict quite often in the past couple of months. It looks like it could go down as an instant classic RTS. The Beta is now open and ready for anyone to join. Check out the link HERE to get in on the Beta.
- OS: Windows® XP, Windows Vista operating system
- CPU Single-core: 2. 0 GHz or faster (2. 2 GHz for Windows Vista)
- CPU Dual-core: Any Intel® or AMD®
- RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB for Windows Vista)
- Hard Drive: 2.0 GB available hard drive space
- Video: 128 MB video RAM, DirectX® 9.0c compatible (GeForce® 4 MX, Radeon® 8500, 9200 not supported)
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
- Input: Keyboard and mouse
- Internet connection: Cable/DSL
Publisher: Sierra Entertainment
Release Date: September 18, 2007
World in Conflict is an RTS game for the PC (Xbox 360 soon) developed by Massive Entertainment. World in Conflict takes place in an alternate reality in the year 1988 where economic troubles were experienced by the now defunct USSR. The game gives the players an experience of what the Cold War would be like if it became really hot. Players can choose from 4 roles- infantry, air, support and armor. There are reportedly 3 factions that players can choose from- USA, the Soviet Union, and NATO. According to the Wikipedia article, there will be no base-building or resource gathering in the game. Instead, players will be given a pre-determined amount of in-game credit to buy units with.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!