This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on March 27, 2008, Stephany World in Conflict: Soviet Assault for Consoles Emerge
The first details for the delayed PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of World in Conflict, now titled World in Conflict: Soviet Assault have emerged. The cold war RTS game that puts you in the shoes of Soviet forces contains the following features:
- Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond.
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360° range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price – every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests.
- Deep Multiplayer Modes: World In Conflict: Soviet Assault will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Assault and Tug-of-War gameplay styles.
- Real World Units: Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons.
- Player Roles: Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists – multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Made for Next-Gen: Optimised gameplay for the Xbox 360 controller and a new heads-up-display (HUD) that is more functional and appealing for console gamers.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is the expansion pack to the original PC game and is set to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this October.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!