Posted on March 27, 2008, Stephany World in Conflict: Soviet Assault for Consoles Emerge
The first details for the delayed PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of World in Conflict, now titled World in Conflict: Soviet Assault have emerged. The cold war RTS game that puts you in the shoes of Soviet forces contains the following features:
- Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond.
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360° range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price – every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests.
- Deep Multiplayer Modes: World In Conflict: Soviet Assault will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Assault and Tug-of-War gameplay styles.
- Real World Units: Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons.
- Player Roles: Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists – multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Made for Next-Gen: Optimised gameplay for the Xbox 360 controller and a new heads-up-display (HUD) that is more functional and appealing for console gamers.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is the expansion pack to the original PC game and is set to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this October.