Posted on December 4, 2007, Chris XBLA… Tuesday 12/4: Arcade Hits Are Go!
See what I did there with the Elite Beat Agents reference?
As we reported yesterday, this week’s Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday is not so Wednesday; instead, this week’s XBLA offering comes in the form of the new Arcade Hits section that the dashboard update introduced. These games are some of the better selling Xbox Live Arcade games that are now being offered at a permanently reduced price.
The current list of Arcade Hits include:
- Bankshot Billiards 2 (PixelStorm). “Bankshot Billiards 2? improves on the original with nine game styles: classic 8-Ball, 9-Ball, Cutthroat, Euro 8-Ball, 14.1 Continuous, 3-Ball, Trick Shots, Time Trial and Golf. The game will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
- Lumines LIVE! (Q Entertainment Inc.). “Lumines LIVE!” is a deep and entertaining game experience, enhanced with vibrant music and newly designed skins that players can custom-select in Skin Edit mode. The game will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
- Marble Blast Ultra (Garage Games). In “Marble Blast Ultra,” players compete against each other by navigating marbles through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to complete each course in record time. The game is available for 400 Microsoft Points.
- Small Arms (Gastronaut Studios). Easy to pick up but hard to put down, “Small Arms” is a frantic multiplayer action game with the feel of an arcade shooter. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
- Zuma Deluxe (Oberon Media). Gamers can explore more than 20 realms in Adventure mode and put their skills to the test in this fast-paced puzzle game. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
I might pick up Zuma since I already own both Small Arms and Marble Blast, and Lumines is one of the reasons my PSP still sees the light of day.
Has Arcade Hits gotten you to buy any new XBLA games? What do you want to see become an Arcade Hit?