This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on November 19, 2007, Chris XBLA 101: Undertow This Wednesday
This week’s Xbox Live Arcade treat marks the 101st game on Arcade, and that game is Undertow, an action-shooter. (I know – an action-shooter on XBLA? Shocking.) The game will run you 800 Microsoft Points ($10) and features online multiplayer of the versus and co-op variety. This is just confirmation of what we already knew; the date had already been established.
The official description:
Undertow is a fast-paced action-shooter that sends you underwater as you battle up to 16 players for control of the oceans! Non-stop conquest-style battles push the envelope of onscreen effects and combat action and boast some of the most stunning graphics ever seen in an Xbox LIVE® Arcade title.
- Combat control: Undertow features relentless high-speed combat with simple and intuitive controls.
- Visual style: The incredible next-gen graphics resonate with a vibrant underwater visual style.
- Multiplayer matches: Undertow features 16-player multiplayer battles and two-player co-op modes.
- Races and upgrades: The game includes three different playable races, each with four unique upgradeable units.
- Single-player campaign: The 15-level single player campaign has a compelling story told through cutscenes.
I’m actually pretty interested in this. Unlike some of the other exclusive games that have come to XBLA recently, this one seems like it might warrant a purchase.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!