This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on October 3, 2007, Chris XBLA Wednesday 10/3: Tetris Makes a Splash
After a disappointing no-show last week, this week offers up Tetris Splash on the Xbox Live Arcade. There isn’t a whole lot to be said – it’s Tetris, with the ‘Splash’ coming in because of the aquarium backgrounds and themes you’ll see in the game. There are three different modes and online multiplayer, making this 800 Microsoft Point ($10) title effectively making the existing retail version of Tetris – Tetris Evolution – pretty superfluous unless you really care about having a lot of different ways to play.
From the game’s Xbox.com page:
The most popular electronic game of all time is back, with new variants, enhanced graphics, and beautiful aquatic playscapes in Tetris® Splash! Since its introduction,Tetris has gone from Russian sensation to worldwide phenomenon, attracting more than 60 million enthusiastic players. Thanks to its unique, simple randomness, it’s never the same game twice. Now, with new modes and team play, Tetris Splashintroduces even more exciting, enjoyable ways to play this classic favorite. As easy to learn as it is addictive, it’s equally fun for the casual player and the seasoned Tetris pro!
- Modes of play: Three different modes of play including Tetris, T-Spin, and Combo, plus a unique screensaver mode.
- Multiplayer: Playable solo, competitively or in teams, with an online multiplayer mode via Xbox LIVE® for up to six players.
- New twists: New, enhanced graphics, and beautiful aquatic backscapes add a real splash to the fun of Tetris.
- Content and themes: Exciting downloadable content will be made available including themes and background aquatic creatures.
- Achievements: Twelve new achievements to master and conquer.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!