This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on September 5, 2007, Chris XBLA Wednesday 9/5: Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special
This week’s offering on the Xbox Live Arcade includes two classic games – Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special, both of which cost 400 Microsoft Points ($10). Cyberball is an Atari football game originally released in 1988 in arcades and ended up being ported to the NES, Mega Drive, Commodore 64 and other systems. Fatal Fury is a Neo-Geo fighter developed by SNK in 1991. Fatal Fury Special was released in 1993 and added three new characters to the existing game.
While Cyberball fans were disappointed to see this Arcade release of Cyberball 2072 as opposed to the superior Tournament Cyberball, it’s still a fun game that’s worth checking out. Fatal Fury Special is one of the oldest SNK fighting games out there, so diehard SNK fans will certainly be excited to see it. Everyone else might be wiser to go with one of the other fighting game alternatives on Arcade, such as Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter.
Check after the break for more details on both games.
Touchdown! Rediscover the arcade classic game Cyberball 2072™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. Take control of your robotic team, and call the plays to move your downfield for a touchdown. But watch out. The ball gets hot if you don’t keep moving. Keep your eye on the ball to make sure it doesn’t go critical before you can score.
- Play selection: Call more than 100 plays for your robotic team.
- Beat the Coach: The Beat the Coach mode enables you to go up against the A.I., simulating a live opponent.
- Challenge Mode: The special Challenge Mode tests your ability to make the play under pressure.
- Improve your team: Build up your win record, and buy upgraded robots to improve your roster.
- Futuristic football action: Fast football action with robots. The ball gets hotter with each play and can only be reset by moving past the 50-yard line or scoring a touchdown. Keep your eye on the ball!
Fatal Fury Special
The grandmother of all fighting games is here, with FATAL FURY SPECIAL™, a unique adaptation of the original 1993 arcade smash Garou Densetsu Special. Experience all the great fighting game action, with added network play and high-definition display, now available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. Fifteen fighters (plus a special guest), gather for the match of the millennium. Can you beat them all?
- Fifteen (plus one) unique characters: All your favorite characters are here, including Terry Bogard, Billy Kane, Wolfgang Krauser, and a special hidden character.
- Classic fighting arcade action updated: The classic game has all the original features of the arcade smash, but has been updated for high-definition displays.
- Twelve unique achievements: Twelve new achievements, ranging from easy such as beating a fighter without sustaining any damage, to difficult, such as taking 10 straight wins on Xbox LIVE, are presented for you to master.
- Four leaderboards: Four ways to track your overall performance in the game.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!