This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 11 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on November 12, 2007, Chris Xbox Live Arcade Hits 100 Games with Shrek N Roll and Screwjumper
A bit anticlimactic, I know.
This week’s Xbox Live Arcade games marks the 99th and 100th games on the platform – the family friendly Shrek N Roll and Screwjumper are what hit the milestone. Shrek N Roll is a simple move the board and roll a ball around affair, while Screwjumper has you freefalling and destroying as much as you can.
Game descriptions aside, I must say that I’m pretty disappointed that we’re not being rewarded with a new Geometry Wars for the 100th game on XBLA. Screwjumper? Sounds interesting, but come on – give us something more.
Both games cost 800 Microsoft Points ($10). Descriptions after the break.
Shrek N Roll
Join Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots, and 20 other twisted fairy tale friends in Shrek-N-Roll, an addictive and hilarious puzzle game designed for ogres of all ages!
Navigate through 16 challenging mazes across four unique evironments in Far Far Away’s newest competitive tournament. Test your tilting and rolling skills in Single Player mode, challenge others in Versus mode, work together with friends and family in Co-op mode, or gain bragging rights with the highest points in Score Attack mode.
- Adventure through Shrek’s world: Start rolling at Worcestershire Academy, venture forth onto the Pirate’s ship, visit Shrek’s Swamp and brave the Evil Queen’s Castle. Mastering each of the 16 levels allows you to move on to more fun and challenging puzzles.
- Play the whole Shrek gang: Play with 24 twisted fairy tale characters, including Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots and other unlockable heroes and villains.
- Enjoy signature Shrek humor: From fast-talking Donkey to sword-fighting Puss in Boots, the animation, dialogue and environments throughout the game bring the humor of Shrek alive!
- Experience multiple game modes: Test your tilting and rolling skills in Single Player mode, challenge others in Versus mode, work together with friends and family in Co-op mode, or gain bragging rights with the highest points in Score Attack mode.
Take the plunge in Screwjumper!™ Freefall into the depths of the chaotic underworld as a Screwjumper, and drive the aliens back to their home world by destroying their precious mining equipment. Demolish structures in freefall as you increase your destructive power by increasing your velocity. Use dynamite to pick off hazards and high value targets. Destroy the mine core and jetpack out alive. Dead screwjumpers don’t get paid!
- Multiple levels and characters: Descend and destroy 20 mines on four different planets with six different characters, including Skruii the foreman of the Screwjumpers Union, Filch the reckless thrill-seeker, Zyree the unpredictable, Xoona the aloof, Ula the mad, and Zomar the mysterious.
- Ultimate destruction: Chain your destruction by plunging through objects at ultra-terminal speeds. You’re a screwjumper. Go for it!
- Single player modes: Risk your neck in four single-player modes including Destruction, Race, Time Trial, and Score.
- Multiplayer: Compete with your friends via split screen and Xbox LIVE® multiplayer.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!