Posted on August 7, 2007, Shawn Sines Xbox LIVE Arcade Runs Track & Field This Wednesday
Beat the summer heat with some scorching new titles on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Following the release of Marathon: Durandal and Spyglass Board Games last Wednesday, gamers will be treated to the smash arcade hit Track & Field available this Wednesday. This classic button masher now supports four-player multiplayer competition on the same Xbox 360 or over Xbox LIVE. Track & Field runs for 400 MS points and will be available Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).
Hot August games also releasing this month:
- “Ecco the Dolphin” (Sega) Cool off with this fun, whimsical update of the classic undersea exploration game featuring everyone’s favorite bottlenose dolphin, Ecco!
- “Hexic 2″ (Carbonated Games) The highly anticipated sequel to the popular puzzle game “Hexic HD” will have gamers racing to solve brand new challenges, including an all new two player Battle mode.
- “War World” (Ubisoft) A pure adrenaline rush, War World features powerful armored mechanoids battling head-to-head in all-out savage single and multiplayer battles that combine action and strategy.
Sizzling summer launches hitting in the coming weeks:
- “Geon: Emotions” (Eidos) Engage in the unique sport of Geon, where you must master a diverse range of emotions to best your opponents.
- “Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” (D3Publisher of America, Inc.) Addictive and easy-to-learn, this game integrates story and character progression elements found in RPGs delivering a brand new type of game that pushes the puzzle genre to a whole new level.
- “Space Giraffe” (Llamasoft) Created by genre-defining game designer Jeff Minter, “Space Giraffe” is a psychedelic shooter that spans 100 levels, all set against vivid, pulsating backgrounds that synchronize with any custom music selection.
- “Streets of Rage 2″ (Sega) One of the most popular side-scrolling beat ‘em ups of the 90′s gets the Xbox LIVE Arcade treatment, complete with enhanced graphics, sound, Achievements and multiplayer modes.
- “Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix” (Capcom) This game combines addictive puzzle action with favorite Capcom fighting characters including Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Morrigan.
via Press Release