Posted on March 20, 2008, Chris Xbox Originals Adding Dreamfall on March 24
This Monday you’ll be able to find one of the absolute best adventure games to come out on consoles in recent memory, Dreamfall: Game of the Year Edition. This Funcom developed game was originally released in April of 2006 on both PC and Xbox. It is backwards compatible on the 360 if you have a copy of the Xbox game, so it might be worth checking your local GameStop before you drop 1200 Microsoft Points ($15) on a digital copy.
- Unparalleled variety: Use your brains or your brawn—sneak, fight, or talk your way through the many challenges the game offers. Be polite or rude, threaten or sweet talk—in Dreamfall you make the choice, resulting in a game where you never quite know what to expect next.
- Three characters: Experience the story from three separate perspectives, and learn how their destinies blend together in an epic finale. Each character has unique abilities and world views, giving you constant gameplay variations.
- Three worlds: Dreamfall spans three beautifully realized worlds, multiple chapters, and a stunning number of detailed locations. Travel across a futuristic version of our earth, journey into a magical fantasy realm, and unravel the mysteries of the Winter.
- Unique interaction: Bridging the gap between the classic “point and click” adventure game (where you could click on any given point at the screen) and the action adventure (where you need to move up to an object to interact with it), Dreamfall introduces the brand new focus field feature. In this easy-to-use context-sensitive interface, scan your entire visible environment as seen by the characters, and use it to get information on far away objects and trigger remote gameplay opportunities.
- Thrilling story line: Dreamfall delivers a mature and compelling story line that mixes the futuristic, fantastic, and spiritual with a tale of murder, deceit, and a conspiracy threatening our very existence. Bringing the classic adventure game into the world of the modern action game, Dreamfall is a rare and special story experience.
- Stunning sounds: Listen to an emotional and epic soundtrack in 7.1 Surround Sound. Hear gripping voices as recorded by more than 50 professional actors, and enjoy soundscapes bringing you to the edge of your seat. The MTV nominated soundtrack brings you an emotional and epic musical journey in 5.1 surround sound.
- Wide-ranging appeal: With its cinematic approach, believable characters, mature story line, and easy-to-grasp interface, Dreamfall is a game that any mature gamer can pick up and enjoy, regardless of their gaming background.
You can check out a few trailers for the game on FileFront.