We reported the other week that the newly renamed Pavonis Interactive would be releasing a new unofficial expansion for XCOM 2 in the Long War series of mods. That mod is now available as of this past week, adding tons of additional content.
XCOM 2 came out on PC last year, but this the first time the modding team, formerly known as Long War Studio, have released a major mod for the game, previously concentrating on XCOM Enemy Within until now. So what is the Long War mod, you may ask? Well, for those who, for some reason, didn't feel that the original version was hard enough for them, it's basically XCOM turned up to 11.
This mod is definitely one for the hardcore fans, and the game adds a raft of new content to the game that only seasoned and experienced players are going to be able to take advantage of. The amount of new content is very impressive, though, and includes;
- A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
- Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
- Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
- Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
- Two new weapon tiers, lasers, and coilguns
- Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
- ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your moves
It's fair to say that this isn't for the faint of heart, but if you're ready to step up your game, the mod is available now from the Steam Workshop.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!