This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 6 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on October 15, 2012, Phil Hornshaw XCOM Update Brings 1080p Movies, Fixes Other Issues
A new title update for XCOM: Enemy Unknown has filtered through Steam today, fixing a few issues and switching all of XCOM’s in-game movies to 1080p.
Also among the minor fixes and conveniences are a multiplayer text chat function that can be activated by hitting the J key by default, and a fix that apparently stops soldiers’ hair from looking as if it’s built on top of the game’s environmental fog. There a few other changes in the mix: you can see the official list on Steam, or check it out below.
- Various visibility/hiding optimizations
- Multiplayer text chat support (J to activate)
- Mouse 4/5 will switch soldiers in the Barracks
- ESC hides the movement grid if you do not want to commit to a move while it is activated
- Squad Sight ability optimization
- Fixed issue when equipping two grenades with Deep Pockets.
- Fixed Rapid Fire sometimes consuming too much ammo.
- SHIVs that are damaged will no longer become unusable.
- Fixed some hangs/soft crashes in tactical combat.
- Replaced software cursor with the operating system cursor to reduce lag and framerate dependence.
- Fixed rendering bug which causes some soldier’s hair to appear as if it is rendering on top of environment fog.
- 1080p movies are now used at all times on the PC.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!