This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Published by GameFront.com 6 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on June 26, 2012, CJ Miozzi You Can Pay $20 to Play in This Weekend’s Dust 514 Beta
Alternatively, you can pay $20 for guaranteed access.
The Mercenary Pack, downloadable from the PlayStation Store, includes $20 worth of in-game currency, some unique gear, and a couple convenience items. Here’s the full list:
- 4,000 Aurum ($20 USD value) – the in-game currency for DUST 514 that you can buy in the PS Store
- 30-dat Active Skill Booster – increases earned Skill Points (SP) by 50%
- ‘Dragonfly’ Scout Dropsuit – a uniquely designed armor with unlimited use
- ‘Toxin” ICD-9 Submachine Gun with unlimited use and a custom skin
- HK4M Shotgun X 50
- Hacked Drop Uplink x 50 – allows players to create on-the-spot spawn points for their teammates
- Fused Locus Grenade x 50
- 1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant x 50 – offers players a temporary melee damage boost against opponents
- All Access Beta Pass – allows players to participate in every Beta Event, as well as additional play sessions during off weekends
I find it quaint that gamers are willing to pay developers for the privilege of beta testing their games. All right, it’s generally in the form of a pre-order bonus, but nonetheless — developers have found a way to get gamers to pay for their games before they’ve even finished developing them. I’m not saying it’s “evil” of them to do so — I just find it quaint, is all. I’m guilty of pre-ordering a game just to get beta access. Are you?
There are no comments yet. Be the first!