This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront
Published by GameFront.com 8 years ago , last updated 2 months ago
Posted on July 15, 2010, Phil Owen Zuma On Facebook. I repeat: Zuma on Facebook.
One day a couple years back I had some extra Microsoft points to blow after buying some DLC or something. So I browsed the marketplace looking for something to buy, and I got Zuma. That 400-point game got more play, between me and my roommate, than any other game I’ve ever owned.
There are plenty of free knock-offs you can play online, but now the real thing is coming, for free, to Facebook. Details after the jump.
Zuma Blitz, as it’s called, will start in beta in about three weeks, and it’ll be like this (I’m copying this from a press release, derp):
New features available at the introduction of Zuma Blitz next month are expected to include:
- Weekly tournaments and leaderboards
- New levels introduced regularly
- An “experience points” system to unlock additional features and capabilities
- A “Treasure Chest” virtual currency-based system for obtaining in-game power-ups
- New features such as time extenders, score multipliers and the “Hot Frog” speed mode
- Additional information on friends’ in-game performance and status such as medals won, achievements earned at various point thresholds and experience level
Thankfully, I don’t play games on Facebook, or else I would never get anything done once this comes out. I’m not going to play it, right? Right?
There are no comments yet. Be the first!