Weekly Poll Results - GTA IV on PC - What do you think so far? (Released 2nd Dec

Published by Danny 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

GTA IV on PC - What do you think so far? (Released 2nd Dec US / 3rd Europe)

Its Great 34.1% (670)
I don't have it yet 18.6% (366)
Its Unplayable on my computer 12.9% (255)
I'm not buying it because my computer doesn't meet the required specs 10.6% (209)
I'm not buying it because i have the PS3 / Xbox 360 Version 8.8% (174)
Its Average 6.4% (127)
Its Poor 5.9% (116)
Other 2.3% (47)
Total: 1964
Start: 12-02-2008 14:56
Last: 12-28-2008 09:21

#1 - Posted by: Seanclaud (Member) on 12-03-2008 at 13:17

What are the required specs anyone??? :)

#2 - Posted by: Gandar (Member) on 12-03-2008 at 22:35

Sean-Claud if i remember right then it was a Duo Core processor with 2.6ghz or more 1.5GB ram or something and a Radeon X1900XT or something from Nvidia for all people out there - GTA4 doesnt support SLI yet omg check the Readme for guys who have got it

#3 - Posted by: Seanclaud (Member) on 12-04-2008 at 03:10

Whoah, Thats high specs. I only got athlon dual core 2.7 ghz 4 gb ddr 800 ATI EAH4850 Hope it works

#4 - Posted by: Wundai (Member) on 12-04-2008 at 08:49

Hmm as long as you have the CPU and Videocard it'll run well enough :) I think even on lower systems, but ofcourse the game won't be as beautiful with options on low. I wonder if anyone has tried it on Pentium 4 yet with everything on low, and how it works hmmm.

#5 - It's shit. - Posted by: Sheepdragon (Member) on 12-04-2008 at 16:05

GTA IV on the PC, is the worst PC port I've ever played. The performance is lousy, and it's bugged out of it's ass. And I know it's not my computer, as I can play any game released to date on full graphics, apart from GTA IV, which barely runs at all. I've managed to get it run somewhat decently though, using a beta driver for my graphics card (HD4870), and using a crapload of tweaks, and messing around in something called services.msc. Most likely this is some kind of sellout, if you look at the date (near Christmas), and the amount of crap that comes with it. I've got the Steam version, but I also need Windows Live and Rockstar Society. That's three damn gaming social networks wired into a single game. They've had several months, so there is no excuse. My full specs are (For those who care): HD4870 512MB (GDDR5) 2GB DDR2 Athlon 64 X2 6000 For comparison I can run Fallout 3 on full graphics, no lag. Far Cry 2 (DX9) on full graphics, no lag. Crysis (DX10) on full grapics, with some stuttering, but fully playable. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (DX10.1) on full graphics with no lag. Dead Space, full graphics, no lag. etc.

#6 - Posted by: robrecht88 (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 04:30

ATI's working on a patch, due next week (10th), that should increase performance.

#7 - Fingers crossed - Posted by: Cuda_UK (Member) on 12-09-2008 at 18:54

I hope the p.p.p. gets sorted soon, this is a wiiikiid game apart from the lousy performance issue (glad its not just me, forums are buzzing with how poor it runs on high end machines) I'm just lovin' re-enacting that awesomeness shootout in the film HEAT! ...bullet riddled cars, shattering windscreens, burst tyres, blood splats..plus bonus extra not seen in the film...chopper copper fallin out the doorway from high up as i riddle the heli lol oh yeah lol :-P XP Pro 32bit SP3 Core2Duo 2.66GHZ 4GB RAM HD4850 512MB SATA Raid 0

#8 - Posted by: Daft_fox (Member) on 12-10-2008 at 05:03

who say it's avreage WHO!!!:D

#9 - Posted by: XarexSith (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 09:54

I do. I don't think it's story is that great. I love San Andreas, and its much better than this story-wise.

#10 - Posted by: Wundai (Member) on 12-12-2008 at 04:16

Where's this option by the way: 'I don't have it because illegaly downloading 12 GB is too much' Would be funny to see how many voted on that :P

#11 - Posted by: MattyDienhoff (Member) on 12-13-2008 at 01:09

Other - I bought it and my computer doesn't meet the recommended specs, but I'm going to upgrade. I was going to in the near future anyway, and this just provides more incentive.

#12 - OTHER - Posted by: MutantRuki (Member) on 12-13-2008 at 20:45

OTHER because fluffy (jk2files pet rancor) ate my computar... even though I'm typing on it right now...odd... :confused:

#13 - gta IV patch - Posted by: Bounty_Hunter_13 (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 06:12

For the ones who not know: Many gta IV players have a hard time with the textures. Becuze the textures don't load. But i saw on the internet that there was coming a patch for it. And Rockstar Games said it will (probaly) fix the bug. btw. I have that problem too and it's very annoying playing in a place where are no textures. I only see cars and citizens. I hope that patch will come soon! btw. (again) go to this site: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest Choose a game and it will check your hardware to look if you can run the minimun requirements and if you can run the recommanded requirements for the game.