Brief Overview: This is a Half-Life 2 modification that makes Hl2 dm include a new game mode called "Capture the Flag" and it adds numerious new things to the game as well. Worth the download overall.
The long awaited next version of Half-Life 2 CTF is here! it comes with a numerious amount of bug fixes,tweaks and new content including the favoured "Alyx gun" and the Sniper rifle for long range ownage and the "Gauss (Modified Tau Cannon)" to help with long range jumping and pushing people away. So it is generally more fun and more addictive. So what are you waiting for download the new version now!
Remember to uninstall previous versions of the mod to eliminate confusion!
The change log:
The following is a heavily edited version of the full beta 1.6 changelog for review:
* Added Gauss ('Modified' Tau Cannon) to weapons for jumping and pushing players * Added Alyx Gun to Weapons * Added OICW to Weapons * Zoom added to OICW * Added spiral tracer for OICW AirBurst * Added Sniper Rifle to Weapons * Sniper rifle has two levels of zoom (fov 20, fov 5) * Sniper rifle instant-hit penetrates walls (12 units thick), props and players (up to 6) * Sniper rifle inaccurate and recoils when not zoomed in * Crowbar and stunstick now use the same refire time, range, and damage settings * Frag grenade glow/trails are now team colored * SLAM laser now team colored * SLAM detonates when the owner switches teams
* Turrets easier to knock over and slightly less powerful * Turrets no longer loop alarm sound effects * Turrets no longer use tracers causing phantom tracers through walls
* Haste rune removed, replaced by Cloak rune * Cloak texture visibility based on the player’s speed * Cloak texture replicates similar effect on older versions of DirectX * Changed runes to droppable/hold-until-death * Runes respawn at their origin after 30 second timeout * All Rune sounds are now broadcast globally * Reduced shield powerup values * Reduced drain powerup values * Reduced regen powerup values
* Entire HUD is now team colored * HUD flag and award indicators slide out and animate when changing states * Award icons added for Assist, Capture, Return and Defend * Added +1, +2 and +5 icons over the player’s head when they get a bonus * Added HUD Radar for domination/oneflag showing flag carrier's location * Improved scoreboard with added assists column * Added new icon for warmup and requireready * Timer bar displayed during warmup * HUD Ready status now indicated by new icon * Added timeleft HUD display
* SourceTV director now properly broadcasts and prioritizes CTF events * SourceTV now uses a random fixed camera when nothing is going on * SourceTV now delays the server map change until the broadcast is finished * SourceTV should prefer players who are fighting enemies to players who are grouped with teammates * SourceTV chat no longer cuts off the last character * SourceTV cameraman enabled
* Spectators can no longer spray, use the flashlight or issue any other impulse commands * Spectators can no longer use weapons or pick them up * Added hud_specnames (default: 1) shows the name of multiple players when in spectator mode
* Added client option to display the name of the flag carrier on the HUD (hud_showcarrier) * Added client option to play a sound when you register a hit on another player (hud_hitsound) * Added ability to force fair models for a match (ctf_matchmode 1) * Added ctf_forcemelee cvar to force flag carrier to use only melee weapons and gravity gun * Added dropweapon command which drops your active weapon with some reserve ammo if available * Added dropbattery command
* Removed voteyes/voteno, ctfmapvote, ctfgamemodevote commands (MANI) * Removed ctf_capturestrike, ctf_stopwatch game modes * Removed all sound spam messages from console * Removed ctfmapvote and ctfgamemodevote
* Players no longer spawn with the SMG * Combine team's gravity gun is now blue * Fixed combine ball from killing you when firing while running * Footsteps are the same for both teams and use material sound effects * Player model uses proper sequence when changing weapons during a jump (no more ref pos) * Map now fully resets after warmup including all props * CTF Warmup no longer subtracts from mp_timelimit * Fixed changeTeam +1 score bug when changing team via model * Ladders no longer trap observers/dead players * Fixed protect allowing you to protect yourself * Fixed assist allowing you to assist yourself * Players are now forced to join a team when autoteambalance is on * Jointeam no longer gives an extra frag in certain cases * Arena mode gives you the new CTF weapons * Location entities optimizations * Keyboard configuration GUI updated with new items * Health/suit charger models now show the correct amount of juice remaining * Fixed server.cfg executing prior to loading the first map * Added sound to indicate round start after warmup * Maps with no rebel/combine flags should now force ctf_domination 1 * Cannot steal the flag through the floor when flag is on the floor above the player * Added headshot capability with rebel/combine headshot obituary icons * Fixed 'has joined the game' message appearing during the players initial spawn only * Can pick up weapons dropped by players even if mp_weaponstay is on * Periodic award for domination flag carrier (2 points every 30 seconds) * Radio commands are now localized to your steam-selected language * Translation layer added: Spanish
installation instructions: • Once the download has completed, simply double-click on the installation file and the wizard will automatically locate the correct directory and will install the modification. • Your Steam "Play Games" menu should now display "Half-Life 2: CTF Beta 1.6" under the "Third Party Games" section. If it does not, close the "Play Games" menu, shut down Steam and reload Steam again.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!