Weekly Poll Results - How would you rate Left For Dead?

How would you rate Left For Dead?

A brillient game but something prevents it from being perfect 9/10 26.3% (312)
I don't have Left For Dead. 26.2% (311)
One of the greatest if not the greatest game I've ever played 10/10 23.9% (284)
A great game well worth a few hours playing. 8.10 11.8% (141)
A good game but lacks something magical 7/10 4.8% (57)
Its about average. I've played far worse but far better to 5/10 1.7% (21)
Its better than most. 6/10 1.6% (20)
Its ok, not good but ok 4/10 1.6% (19)
Worst game ever 1/10 1.5% (18)
Not worth the price tag at all. 2/10 0.1% (2)
A terrible game 3/10 0% (1)
Start: 11-24-2008 02:51
Last: 12-01-2008 03:36

#1 - Posted by: Jasper_Kazai (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 03:31

I don't have L4D, but I've played the demo, and it was fun. I wouldn't want to play it with anyone other than my friends, though. We played while we were on Ventrilo, and it made it more fun by communicating and stuff. BTW, you spelled brilliant wrong.

#2 - Posted by: Plankie (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 07:23

I don't think anybody ACTUALLY thinks it's the *worst* game ever. They're just haters and won't admit to it being good in some way. I mean, it's at least worth a 3. I voted for 8/10, because it's not overly awesome because it lacks a story. It's just senseless violence, but damn good. Well worth the money, and it's really fun. Still, I want to know how the infection started and just some general info. It lacks that.

#3 - Posted by: icemaz (Staff) on 11-24-2008 at 07:54

9/10, only thing stopping a 10 is some of the people playing it (You know who you are...)

#4 - Posted by: blackoracle16 (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 12:13

I love this game, and I've had no bad encounters with the community, so 10/10 Nice job Valve! :rock:

#5 - Posted by: o0_Bobbo_0o (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 13:40

i love the game.. i gave it 9/10 cause lack of levels.. i hope valve will be releasing more levels!!

#6 - Posted by: piemanofKAOS (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 14:23

great game, to play with friends but its not perfect, i would like to see this game be expanded t something like starting in the middle of a city and the trying to reach the edge but you have the free roaming and barricading house and such 9/10

#7 - Posted by: reaper933 (Member) on 11-26-2008 at 15:17

I voted 8/10, however I believe it earns more of an 8.5-.8.7 rating in its current state. Knowing valve the game will only improve, so I'm sure it will soon reach a 9/10 level. The community isn't god awful terrible for the most part however the game is *much* funner with friends and communication. I have a few questions though, for those of you who rated it 10/10, why? It's a great game, but does it really deserve a rating that high? Also, for those of you who say it needs a story, well, why do you want a story? Theres obviously some find of virus that is turning people into zombies, the team apparently can't become infected, and it drops you right into the middle of the action rather than from the beginning of their 'adventure'. Honestly, what would 4 ordinary citizens know about a virus outbreak other than that it is happening? Does knowing why it occurred really validate a high rating for the game? Does not knowing the story somehow make the game less fun? These are legitimate questions.

#8 - Posted by: marneus90 (Member) on 11-27-2008 at 01:39

I'm being picky, I know, but it's Left 4 Dead. That's the actual official name. it's not just internet chavs shortening it to look "cool" And myself, I give it a 9/10. To be perfect, it needs all the campaigns in vs mode, a proper server browser that you don't need to use the console to open and a few bugs sorting out.

#9 - Posted by: nanosheep (Member) on 11-28-2008 at 11:47

This game needs a story. Why did the zombies appear? Why did this take place? Some backstory into the characters? 8/10