Weekly Poll Results - Halo Wars - your thoughts on it?

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Halo Wars - your thoughts on it?

Brilliant - I love this game, adds a new dimension to the Halo Series 46% (112)
Good - great cinematics, good graphics but gameplay could be better 27.5% (67)
Meh - I'm not too keen on it, maybe it will grow on me 9.4% (23)
Other (please specify) 8.6% (21)
Bad - Not a fan of RTS, I prefer to be the grunt leading the charge! FPS Style! 8.2% (20)
Start: 03-04-2009 04:14
Last: 03-14-2009 12:04

#1 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 03-04-2009 at 04:21

In terms of the Halo Series, its a good game for a prequel and it has a good storyline. In terms of RTS, it lacks alot of features that simply would make it a poor RTS if released on the PC, it lacks alot of depth which most RTS games have as standard these days.

#2 - Posted by: Vouhaul (Member) on 03-05-2009 at 19:40

but it was desogned for the 360 so the developers took a minamalist approch to it. Though it would be cool if they took advatage of the text pad for the 360 for all the hot keys and stuff

#3 - yeah! - Posted by: UwsarHatAnupuw (Staff) on 03-05-2009 at 20:18

I rathered enjoy it myself quite fun, I keep getting pwned tho badly...Stupid 'shee coming up at me at once.......... Anyways when I have the time perhaps a mini-review I'll submit to the Community!:donut::donut::donut:

#4 - Posted by: hunter5471 (Member) on 03-06-2009 at 16:30

I thinks AWEUSHOMEZ. but i don't have a 360 :'( But id would have pre-ordered the Limited edition if i did. And when you think about it, its like a Halo 1 in a way, even though its a prolouge, cuz Halo was originaly gona be an RTS:mepimp:

#5 - Posted by: Shisno92 (Member) on 03-08-2009 at 12:15

What yo Mama is trying to say is that the game doesn't have any depth. RTS are known to have several layers of tactics that don't just rely on button commands but strategy and tricks (not glitches). Thats what made halo a great game. You can play the game not very seriously, semi-seriously, hardcore, or pro style, each adding new layers of depth and a variety of approaches. Halo Wars just doesn't have that depth in terms of skill and tactics.

#6 - Posted by: KsDClanCom (Member) on 03-09-2009 at 23:51

I don't have a 360! And in my opinion RTS' are not as good on GC as on PC.