Weekly Poll Results - In order to provide a better experience for you at halo fi

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

In order to provide a better experience for you at halo files, what would you say we should work on

Improve speed of getting files up on the website 33.1% (144)
Nothing, the site is amazing and is being run perfectly 22.7% (99)
Improve reviews of files 18.6% (81)
Hire some more File Front muscle 18.3% (80)
None of these I'll post below 7.1% (31)
Start: 01-08-2009 11:48
Last: 03-03-2009 16:35

#1 - Posted by: Sacred_Savior (Member) on 01-08-2009 at 14:03

an update on 11-30 '08 and the next was on 12-28 '08, thats a LONG time without new files, i check once every day for new files, so please speed it up :'(

#2 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 01-11-2009 at 04:09

If you're hiring I'll apply but I think the site is fine. Maybe just keep the PotM updated and keep things rolling nicely

#3 - Posted by: EtaNett (Member) on 01-11-2009 at 18:44

I picked Improve speed of getting files up on the website because I submitted my first skin months ago... Still waiting....

#4 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 01-12-2009 at 05:23

what I've seen that modhalo does is that they separate the simple files from the more "complex" ones. People want to look at the higher quality work before they decide to look at something less. Show people the best of what you've got and they're more likely to come back to check out more.

#5 - Posted by: MrFlammable (Member) on 01-12-2009 at 20:38

come out with a new game so we can get some interesting stuff up on the site! seriously though, I really don't know what we can do with a small, somewhat aging community as we are

#6 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 01-13-2009 at 15:14

Dear Mr Nitronumber9 I appreciate your opinion. And I'm sure this is an embarrassing experience to have your comment moderated considering your staff status. However as my fellow community has pointed out. We don't need your negativity around here and regretfully have to ask you to post only when you have something constructive to post. So on behalf of the Halo files staff and our community we - ask you to please grow up and stop making an idiot out of yourself on our little filefront website. Maybe where you are a staff member they allow your rudeness but we will not. Consider yourself warned, again and I will ban you from posting on our site. Thank you. ~ Morpheus

#7 - Posted by: manomods (Member) on 01-13-2009 at 16:00

Dear Nitronumber9, we regret you being an alien bastard, you should regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret the Corps just blew up your raggedy-a** fleet!

#8 - Posted by: 343guiltymc (Member) on 01-15-2009 at 14:13

I don't if it's the site that's being slow on putting out people's releases as it is just that Halo modding is dead.

#9 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 01-16-2009 at 08:09

Halo is an old game, but Halo CE, and Halo 2 and 3 are still fairly active. If Halo Files wants to continue to be "active", they're going to need to show Halo gamers and communities that they're open to the entire Halo franchise. From what I've seen, that has been the attitude here, but they need to advertise themselves more if they want people to know this. Also, remember that Halo is a game and that many people aren't going to want to go out and look for a Halo community when there are so many already available. One thing that may help is if you redesign the banner to show that Halo Files is more than just about Halo 1.

#10 - Posted by: MrFlammable (Member) on 01-16-2009 at 10:46

we've always had a small community here, even when Halo CE was at its peak - compared to sites like CnCfiles and BattlefieldFiles, we were tiny. Since then we've been just gradually losing people, and I'm really not sure there's anything to be done about it

#11 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Member) on 01-18-2009 at 10:08

Halo is an aging game and the only way we will survive is expanding to the wider halo universe if halo 3 was released on computer I think it'd help but I think Halo Wars will open up new doors for us. We will have to wait and see.

#12 - Posted by: haubro18 (Member) on 01-19-2009 at 15:42

i think the last thing we need here is more filefront muscle. that just means more people can tell you what you can and cant do on this site

#13 - #12 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Member) on 01-20-2009 at 10:12

Haubro18, without rules society would come to an end and chaos would reign supreme. Do you want chaos to reign o_0 .... CHAOS. I appreciate we can sometimes over do it on the moderating but to be fair that is our job. I give my deepest regrets if you feel I or one of my fellow staff member's has upset you in anyway with an admin decision but I can tell you every decision we make is carefully considering. And as for more filefront muscle we are currently on the look out for wannabe reviewer's to come in and do some work for us, so if anyone's interested by all means contact myself or shadow.

#14 - Posted by: haubro18 (Member) on 01-21-2009 at 06:22

yeah i guess your right morpho, i don't need chaos here

#15 - Posted by: herussa (Member) on 01-26-2009 at 08:04

I Personaly Think the staff are doing Great and that everything goes fine.

#16 - Posted by: kcaz (Member) on 01-27-2009 at 21:30

I think that the PoTD's could be sorted a little bit more. Most of them are great but there are a few random ones that are just really stupid and very common to see in-game.

#17 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 17:21

POTD's aren't the issue. That system works fine. I think what needs to be improved is something the local Halo files staff can't fix-- ability for the file uploaders to manage their files. Sometimes downloads get corrupted (as happened once for me). It would be easier for us, rather than the staff, to fix issues with our posts. It would also give a lot less work for the staff.

Anyways, about what the staff can do... Well there's always room for improvement, but as I said, POTD's are fine as-is. I think more staff should be hired.

Another thing is that the site is still called Halo 2 files, even though Halo 3 came out last year. When I search google, "Halo 3" draws over 1.5 times as many results as "Halo 1" or "Halo 2" does. I think the site needs to be called "Halo Files" again to reflect that it's not just about Halo 2, but Halo 1, 2, 3, Wars, and ODST. I also think Halo Files should advertise itself a little more on "topsites" websites.

#18 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 17:24

By the way, that's in response to the "what would you say we should work on" question.

#19 - Posted by: Michael_Mikes (Member) on 02-19-2009 at 16:51

Nitro, wow. I didn't know moderators could be moderated! Or that you also do work in Halo Files.

#20 - Posted by: Michael_Mikes (Member) on 02-19-2009 at 16:52

oh and sorry tho mate.

#21 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-19-2009 at 19:24

He doesn't work at Halo Files, he works at another "files" site. Like battlefront files or something like that. I'm guessing he was making negative statements about how the management works here. He may have been boasting about how his site administration works, since I don't know why he would make negative remarks about a fellow "files" site. I don't know though-- I am simply assuming based on morpheus' comment.

#22 - Posted by: Michael_Mikes (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 04:25

I do know what Files site he works at but I do feel surprised tho.

#23 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 07:41

Let me guess, the half-life series? Those guys have been envious of Halo for a long time. ...yes I googled for his name and he is staff there.

#24 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 08:00

Rofl.

#25 - Posted by: Michael_Mikes (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 20:46

Nah, hes from the battlefield site. but it is true about the half life site tho. BTW I chose 'Improve speed of getting files up on the website'.

#26 - #24 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 02-27-2009 at 07:23

I see my comment amused you...care to elaborate?

#27 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-27-2009 at 15:09

it's picture of the day. You referred to it as picture of the month.

#28 - Posted by: Danny (Staff) on 02-27-2009 at 16:39

I think he means this, which is on the left hand side of the page ;) http://halo2.filefront.com/info/PotM

#29 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 02-27-2009 at 17:59

Indeed I did Danny ;)

#30 - Posted by: echoranger449 (Member) on 02-27-2009 at 22:39

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.