Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of the 1.08 finally removing the CD chec

Published by shadow43289 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What do you think of the 1.08 finally removing the CD check?

It's about time! 59.4% (220)
I hadn't noticed the patch was out. 23.7% (88)
My disc is scratched so this help. 12.4% (46)
I dislike this as it will encourage piracy. 4.3% (16)
Start: 08-09-2008 17:17
Last: 09-01-2008 00:39

#1 - Posted by: Greenvalv (Staff) on 08-09-2008 at 20:04

This game is so old, I doubt piracy will have much of an affect...

#2 - Posted by: Comandercody9 (Member) on 08-09-2008 at 21:07

its a nice feature especially since i cant find my CD GOOD JOB MICROSOFT YA DID SOMETHING RIGHT 4 A CHANGE

#3 - Posted by: WackyModder (Member) on 08-09-2008 at 21:34

yeah, halo is a piracy proof game, anyway. whats the most they can do? play SP over and over agai till their brains leak? plz, without a legit CD key, multiplayer is impossible. so even if it did encourage piracy, its the pirates' losses because Halo 1 for PC is all about its online multiplayer. if you just want SP and LAN, u might as well play it on Xbox then. am i right, guys? :donut::beer::mepimp:

#4 - Posted by: chooxz (Member) on 08-09-2008 at 23:41

Totally right, WackyModder. Finally I need not search through my damn big pile of discs and trouble myself to put in the disc.

#5 - Posted by: Derric (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 06:07

I actually just got Halo, so my disc isn't scratched at all. Still its kind of cool not using a disc.

#6 - Posted by: Rollin_Thunder (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 07:07

for an old game like this the sp isnt even worth playin if it isnt modded with hmt in sum way if uve alredy beaten it :rolleyes:

#7 - Posted by: zoxin0 (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 14:30

I'm happy with this cuz now I don't have to remove discs to switch between swbf2 and halo... just insert swbf2 and i can play both :D Though my disc has like NO scratches on it... I still like the patch.

#8 - Posted by: Shisno92 (Member) on 08-14-2008 at 23:30

this this totally remove the need for a CD (besides install), cuz I updated my halo but it still demands a CD...evill....:mad:

#9 - Posted by: Missing_String (Staff) on 08-15-2008 at 02:47

Did you use the auto-update? There's a bug which seems to make the patch not install via auto-update for some reason.

#10 - Posted by: computernerd (Member) on 08-15-2008 at 07:51

I just use cd-check removers (or cracks) on all my games, and yes it is legal, as long as you own the game, and then I don't have to worry about losing the cd or if it is scratched:)

#11 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 08-16-2008 at 09:57

Finally. My disk was starting to disintergrate from the amount of sp grunt-hunting fun.

#12 - Posted by: ultimatehalomaster5 (Member) on 08-18-2008 at 20:22

Sweet patch, now I don't need to put in the disk every time I want to play Halo.

#13 - Posted by: ryanlm09 (Member) on 08-21-2008 at 12:03

where do i get the patch?

#14 - Posted by: SykoRevan (Member) on 08-21-2008 at 16:24

This is definitely very very convenient, since I have a load of PC games, plus my disk drive acts screwy sometimes and doesn't read a disk, and since I play Halo the most, this makes things easier.

Speak for yourself lol, I still love the un-modded single player levels, especially the 343 Guilty Spark level. Nothing beats blasting Flood with a shotgun.

#15 - Posted by: Shisno92 (Member) on 08-24-2008 at 11:47

i prefer a challenge. Blasting my way with a plasma pistol, =P

#16 - Posted by: thescorcher (Member) on 08-28-2008 at 19:16

This patch killed my game. My computer's antivirus has trouble handling patches and updates, because it thinks it may have updated into a virus. So it denies internet access to the program. And now my Halo multiplayer is gone. 1.08 is my worst enemy.

#17 - Posted by: Missing_String (Staff) on 08-29-2008 at 16:28

No, poorly designed antivirus software (read: all AV software) is your worst enemy. ;)