Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of the new Xbox Live Dashboard?

What do you think of the new Xbox Live Dashboard?

Its really good! 42% (126)
Its alright 25.6% (77)
I'm disapointed to the point where I might go against microsoft and buy a playstation 3 16.6% (50)
Not bad but frankly not that good 15.6% (47)
Start: 11-21-2008 14:10
Last: 12-07-2008 05:41

#1 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 11-22-2008 at 09:08

I think Its awesome, But there is some-one out there who doesn't, and will counter my opinion with theirs and wont stop until they lose.

#2 - Posted by: Missing_String (Member) on 11-22-2008 at 09:25

It's like Vista's early days. Looks prettier, but seems to perform worse. Hopefuly it'll get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

#3 - Posted by: Shisno92 (Member) on 11-22-2008 at 09:39

actually, i would say its the opposite. it looks uglier (still okay though), the avatar is a complete bite off wii, and is relatively stupid, but there are a lot more useful features such as having a chat party with multiple people who can all be doing different things on the xbox, which is pretty cool. I haven't noticed any performance issues...yet, lol. Here's hoping it turns out strong

#4 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 11-22-2008 at 12:54

I wouldn't go as far to say its ugly I'd say it has some nice visual features. I'd say it needs to be looked at by the development team however. It really does need further development. There have been some serious hardware issues caused by this new dashboard which is a real shame and my demonic heart goes out to all who have been effected by a dashboard induced red ring of death.

#5 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 11-23-2008 at 05:59

I think that its a Copy of the Windows Media Center Menu, which is ok Its just a little bit harder to access some features and Menu items.

#6 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 11-23-2008 at 07:51

The what????

#7 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-23-2008 at 08:15

Don't really like it, well I could have been biased by the fact that xbox live servers kept being flakey on Friday night when I first used the new dashboard so harumph!

#8 - Posted by: Cheezmasta (Member) on 11-24-2008 at 09:04

it's the same, but shinier. the avatars should are annoying as hell, but i do like the install to hard drive feature.

#9 - Posted by: FireV (Member) on 11-29-2008 at 13:59

I've found the install to hard drive feature pretty useless thus far but I'm sure there's some good applications for it. I've noticed that it does basically nothing in terms of load times or lag on any of the games I've tried it on. Plus these games are so large they eat up hard drive space like crazy. Also, Bungie themselves said Halo 3 wasn't compatible with it.

#10 - Posted by: Shisno92 (Member) on 11-30-2008 at 21:54

i have like the old version that has like the least amount of memory (i forget how much). installing a game would be a disaster for me.

#11 - Posted by: Nazoa (Member) on 12-03-2008 at 15:48

yeah, I tried installing GoW, 8 gigs! 8!!!!! My box has like 10!

#12 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 12-04-2008 at 10:04

not to mention that some of the games dont work after you install them, I installed Mercs 2 and it required the disc to play it.

#13 - Posted by: Synchronize (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 06:09

I think the new dashboard is very easy to use, and very self explanatory. Who ever has problems with it, well must not be so bright.. Sony sucks, enough said. :r