Weekly Poll Results - Will you be purchasing the new Halo 3 expansion pack, Halo

Will you be purchasing the new Halo 3 expansion pack, Halo 3: Recon when it comes out?

Yes 59.7% (184)
Maybe 22.4% (69)
No 12.9% (40)
Not sure (Post below why) 4.8% (15)
Start: 10-18-2008 13:34
Last: 10-26-2008 12:26

#1 - Error - Posted by: darth_face_mask (Member) on 10-18-2008 at 17:41

#2 - Awesome point now i can enjoy everything else until then - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 10-18-2008 at 20:41

"No, because the 'expansion' will not be downloadable. Offical quote from Bungie: "Halo 3: Recon is a standalone, disc-based campaign expansion to Halo 3. It will be available at fine retailers around the globe in Fall of 2009. " Source: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15806 Just thought I would point that out." Correct!!! i was going to wright that but i didnt catch it in time

#3 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 10-19-2008 at 01:59

Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't aware what the system was for getting the expansion pack. I'll change the poll accordingly. You win a Morpheus appeasement cookie.

#4 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 11:24

Depends. My personal opinion is that Bungie ruined Halo 3's Multiplayer. Seems like the only worthwhile weapon to use is the Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or any power weapon. And I miss the Rocket Race playlist. It had it's flaws, but it was a break from the "OMG XTREME HARDCORE BR SNIPEZ AENA TOURNAMENT" gameplay ranked has turned into. :( If Halo 3: Recon is the same, I'm sure not buying it. /rant.

#5 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 10-19-2008 at 11:41

I don't know how much of the gameplay is actually going to change. From what I can gather its going to be exactly the same as halo 3 but you play as a ODST... But don't quote me on that :P

#6 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 17:31

Hehe, I don't plan too. Can't picture ODST's suddenly getting shields. }>

#7 - Posted by: darth_face_mask (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 13:48

Yay! I always wanted a Morpheus appeasement cookie! Glad to be of help. I plan on getting it. I played through Halo 3's campaign more times than I can count, and if its similar I'm sure I will enjoy it just as much.

#8 - Posted by: itachi100 (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 20:48

why i wont? becuase its not for the PC, where true gaming belongs, at least thats what i know, if its on the pc id buy it

#9 - Posted by: Admiral_Cole (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 08:55

ahhh maybe, id be getting it so i wouldnt have to wait for the multiplayer maps to download. insted of getting them off the marketplace they are also on this new disc. ESPECIALLY since its 6 maps! including a new version of foundry and more. aaaand i also guess the new campaign would be cool, tho it is set before halo 3(new mombasa elevator NOT lying in a thousand places on the ground;)) and so wouldnt really reveal any new changes or storyline.... along with 'assembly' (a covenant map) there are such new maps as: heretic citadel sandbox orbital longshore All on this recon disc along with the new campaign-far easier than downloading another map pack! plus another thing people might have missed-it IS a new disc....the only difference is the campaign, everything else will be the same as halo 3 so everyone will be on the same multiplayer...sooooo if i break my halo disc then at least ill have a back up one that i can use:D

#10 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 00:42

It all depends.....is Halo 3 out for Windows XP yet?......hmmm......well I guess that's a no.

#11 - Posted by: Admiral_Cole (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 07:32

yes as halo 2s stayin on vista and halo 3 never will, stop hoping for tht, it might not even EVER come out on computer. may as well JUST get an 360 ey? its still made by microsoft you wont be going against the company....and you'll be able to actually join in and play halo 3! insted of just seeing pics of it on this site and playing old halo 1 and 2....

#12 - Posted by: Admiral_Cole (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 07:36

not tht i have aaaanyhting against halo 1 or 2 especially as its easy to mod them and this is a website to do exactly tht lol

#13 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 11:16

#8, true gaming is having all platforms not just a PC, or a Mac.

#14 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 10-25-2008 at 09:55

i'd liek to have halo 3 and an xbox first, thank you. guess that means youtube again. *sigh* bad quality, but it's the only thing us not so rich pc gamers have.