Weekly Poll Results - Would you want to go and see a halo film if they made one?

Would you want to go and see a halo film if they made one?

Yes. It sounds good and I will post below why it sounds good 76.5% (176)
Hmm maybe. I will post below why I am unsure 13.4% (31)
No. The idea sounds terrible and I will post below why it sounds terrible 6% (14)
I refuse to post and vote in this poll. I will post why I refuse to post below 3.9% (9)
Start: 11-14-2008 08:43
Last: 11-21-2008 13:52

#1 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 11-14-2008 at 08:45

Halo film... sounds epic and nice poll morpheus now everyone with post below (Please) MAHAHAHAHA

#2 - DANGER! - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 10:49

If they use different voiceactors, i will not, in a few billion tears, go see it. And since i know they will, it's a no-go for me. Since i work at a cinema, i'm seriously requesting NOT to have anythign to do with that movie besides help people out with plotquestions. I will not see it in any way. I love Halo, but can you name me ONE game-movie that didn't completely suck? No, because it doesn't exist.

#3 - Posted by: gotoprime (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 11:12

I would only see it if it based off The Flood.

#4 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 11:30

@2: What about Tomb Raider? They made two movies. I'd be interested in seeing a Halo movie. I just hope it doesn't do the same thing Wing Commander did. (The Kilrathi are supposed to be furry, not bald.:mad: )

#5 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 13:01

Hell yeah!!! I be watching that everyday! I wouldn't ever get tired of it, I'd hope that they make movies out of every book and game

#6 - Posted by: Revans_Slave (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 14:03

YES!!!! some games need to be made into movies

#7 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 11-15-2008 at 00:47

52 votes and only 6 posts.. Morpheus is not appeased mortals. Come on guys :P

#8 - Posted by: Shadow_Phoenix (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 04:55

I agree with #2. The only way a halo movie would be good is if it used the same actors and was directed by Rob Bowman (Regin of Fire) or Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium) (there is probably another awsome director out there who I've forgotten the name of). Since that is never going to happen, it's gonna suck. Hence I voted No, It sounds terrible.

#9 - Posted by: crw982 (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 14:10

halo+movie=AWSOMENESS :donut:

#10 - That sounds like a good idea! - Posted by: Halofan_5k (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 17:12

I've actually wished they would make movie series based on the halo campaigns. I would definitley go to see them!

#11 - Posted by: valiantofficer (Staff) on 11-15-2008 at 18:03

Graphics would definitely look really good.~Valiantofficer

#12 - Posted by: Corrino (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 21:35

There are only two optioons a halo movie could do, really terrible or really good. It is possible that it could be pulled off, and pulled off well. If they get the original game cast, obviously stick to halo lore, and make it actaully interesting piece to add to the halo fanchise, (i.e. dont waste time just making halo 1,2,3 into a movie) something additional to the story. And possibly go away from the cliche` directors and film styles, maybe the movie could be CG? comic? Try something different that the literially thousands of similar action films.

#13 - Posted by: Caboose2032 (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 09:41

maybe just out of the books, and maybe just make the books into games, - the flood.

#14 - Posted by: ThatCrazyCowboy (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 13:03

Only if James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Michael Bay and Ridley Scott all teamed up. But seriously, after the Extended Silence from Blomkamp and Jackson, I don't want to get my hope's up, not yet anyway's, but my Suggested Team would probably be the best for making it.

#15 - Posted by: Sacred_Savior (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 14:48

:cool: can't wait for it, approxiamately out around MAY 12TH AT ABOUT 5:00 P.M. :rock:

#16 - Hmm maybe. I will post below why I am unsure - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 22:41

Quite simple really, all video game movies have sucked and no amount of fanboyism will change the fact that the actors were awful, the director couldn't direct hi vacuum, the stories are worse than listening to a monotone quantum physics professor who hasn't slept for a week. The sound is crappy, unrealistic, and the music makes you want to gouge your ears with a knife. The footage is worse than riding on a helicopter that is spinning around at over 1000km/s and it is more grainy than the beach. The props look like they were found in a toddlers toy drawer. The backgrounds look like a drunk man tried to finger paint when he didn't have any finger paint. Plus they are more cliche than a B-Movie. But perhaps it would be cool if they could break the cesspool of fail that is video game based movies.

#17 - Posted by: morpheus100 (Staff) on 11-18-2008 at 13:14

To be fair halo has room to be different. One of the main character's hardly ever talks, hence making a voice actor redundant. And the rest of the voice actor's weren't exactly top notch I personally thought some of halo one's voice actor's were terrible. If they do produce a film I can give it the benefit of the doubt and go and see it. Whats the worst that could happen in the wise words of a dr pepper advertising campaign.

#18 - Their already making 1. - Posted by: Mich715 (Member) on 11-19-2008 at 13:33

Peter Jackson/20th century Fox and Bungie are making 1.

#19 - Posted by: Corrino (Member) on 11-20-2008 at 20:54