Weekly Poll Results - What's Kyle Katarn going to be doing over summer?

What's Kyle Katarn going to be doing over summer?

The Jedi Academy Annual BBQ and Beer 32.3% (629)
....you have got to be kidding. 19% (371)
[Sarcasm] Gee, I dunno, I left my TELEPATHY at home! 11.7% (228)
Miami beach, baby! 10.6% (207)
Opening a lemonade stand, ftw. 8.4% (165)
Donning a kilt for the Highland Games!? 5% (98)
Gardening.... Someone has to do it! 4% (78)
Scuba diving in Spain! 3.8% (74)
Working on his tan, obviously. 3.2% (64)
Sticking in the shade, no doubt. 1.6% (32)
Total: 1946
Start: 06-08-2008 19:36
Last: 06-15-2008 22:05

#1 - OTHER - Posted by: Frogzilla (Member) on 06-08-2008 at 21:39

He's gunna be doing "stuff" to Jan XDDDD

#2 - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 00:30

I'm with #1 on this one :lol: "Stuff" with Jan-is the best option there is after the hard work at the academy. :lol:

#3 - ...you have got to be kidding. - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 00:32

What's our favorite "JK" character going to be doing over the summer? lol That's a creative way of asking the kids what THEY'RE going to be doing over summer. :lol: Well, I plan on "growing" some money this summer. Opened a couple money market accounts. Maybe the Standards and Poors 500 can give me a couple thousand dollars in the next couple months... Looking to put some of the earnings into my cd, and by a new car (preferably a hybrid) with the rest, by the time fall swings around. Maybe some of you "kids" should do that! Get a summer job, and invest in a FDIC-insured money market account. If you don't want to wait a year for a return, check out some of the accounts that give you monthly dividends! Don't waste your summer on valueless things ONLY, like just playing JK! Earn a little money. Did you know that if you're 16 years old, and you live with your parents (who love you and feed you, and put a roof over your greedy heads for FREE) that if you get a job, and put your money away into a MONTHLY interest yielding account, that with cumulative interest, you could retire when you're 21? SIX (6) of work than you're RETIRED! You can play JK ALL you want after that RIGHT?! :lol: At a pathetic 2% return a MONTH. That gives you roughly 24% return a year. If you earn $8 (USD) per hour. Provided you don't have bills (most 16 year olds don't) you could save to around $200,000 (hard raw money) that belongs to you in 6 years, thanks to cumulative interest, AND your deposits. You can retire and NEVER work another day in your life. You could by a house, cash, and only have to pay the taxes on it. Make this summer a SPECIAL summer that you do something worthwhile in! Have a great summer! By MJAY :lol:

#4 - LMAO. - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 00:35

:rofl: The ****ulative word is "c-umulative". lol

#5 - Annual Jedi Academy BBQ - Posted by: Darthyoggi (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 02:39

lol, I can really see Kyle donning a crap apron doing the grills at a BBQ... As for MJAY.... :confused: I ought to live in America! :D

#6 - Posted by: Death_Knight_Killer (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 05:47

If there was a other option i would have said jedi bar and being drunk :lol: :cool: :mepimp:

#7 - Posted by: A_Wings_Rule (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 06:37

He's going to Taspir of course... "A real paradise".... pfft xD

#8 - Posted by: DarthAllen (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 06:41

hes going to ......}> kill rosh!HAHAHAHAHAHA!}>

#9 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 06:52

What's our favorite "JK" character going to be doing over the summer? lol That's a creative way of asking the kids what THEY'RE going to be doing over summer. LoL!

Did you know that if you're 16 years old, and you live with your parents (who love you and feed you, and put a roof over your greedy heads for FREE) that if you get a job, and put your money away into a MONTHLY interest yielding account, that with ****ulative interest, you could retire when you're 21? SIX (6) of work than you're RETIRED! You can play JK ALL you want after that RIGHT?! LoL! At a pathetic 2% return a MONTH. That gives you roughly 24% return a year. If you earn $8 (USD) per hour. Provided you don't have bills (most 16 year olds don't) you could save to around $200,000 (hard raw money) that belongs to you in 6 years, thanks to ****ulative interest, AND your deposits. You can retire and NEVER work another day in your life. You could by a house, cash, and only have to pay the taxes on it. Make this summer a SPECIAL summer that you do something worthwhile in!

Have a great summer! By MJAY LoL!

why does that sound like an extremely crappy ad? oh btw did you know that no business owner in his/her right mind will hire a bunch of damn kids when they could instead, have perfectly capable and trained adults as employees??? (me getting rejected by hundreds of places proves as much)

#10 - Posted by: Aaronjw (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 07:11

Kyle at the highland games FTW!

#11 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 07:28

Annual BBQ! CHEESEBURGERS!!!!!!!!! :D He's gonna get drunk and be somebody :P Maybe even work up the courage to ask Jan out! Either that... or just use Rosh as a pin... one of those things that are filled with candy that you whack at parties. :D (Sorry, couldn't spell it, but I'm sure I got my point across.)

#12 - Too true... - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 09:48

lol "crappy ad". @darthHK Yeah, i know a young man that has an AS (associate of science degree) in Electrical Engineering, and a AA (associate of arts degree) in physics, and he STILL can't find a related career, he's in sales right now, lol. So believe ME, Darth, it's harder for an ADULT to get a job than it is for a teenager. Don't be picky. The figures I gave is if you're earning a mere $7-$8 per hour. Plenty of jobs offer that. ESPECIALLY, service and retail. Don't try for GameStop or anything, they're picky about their employees. Go for Krystal Burger, or if you live up north, White Castle. Flipping a burger for a 5-7 years, in order to retire for decades is worth it. I wish I did it when I was younger. If big names like McDonald's and Wal-Mart dont hire you. Try a simple "Mom and Pop" shop. Work for a small-time local pizzeria, deliver pizzas (though I think u have to be 18 for that). Just don't give up. Check your State's labor/employment office. They have listings for MANY places that are willing to hire younger workers. Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King, you name it. GA residents can check georgia.gov NY residents ny.gov , etc. Don't give up! I live with the girlfriend, she's a registered nurse. She pays EVERYTHING, bills, food, etc. I'm an ASE certified mechanic. I SAVE EVERYTHING. 80% - 100% of my check goes to the money market accounts (yes, more than one). With cumulative interest, we'll have $700,000+ saved in 6 years. I can retire at 27 yrs. Then the wedding won't leave us broke, and family life and all that nice stuff can start. lol Keep trying man. Try your State government listings. Go to the Muslim cornerstore, and help the shop keeper with his stock. Don't be picky, and you WILL get work.

#13 - Posted by: R_Popn (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 13:08

uuuhh.....cheese

#14 - Posted by: teh_seph (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 14:19

I think the lemonade stand would still be a noteworthy choice, considering how thirsty some jedi get.

#15 - Good Memories - Posted by: Tulak_Hord (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 17:15

I remember a a POTD from last year that had kyle surrounded by mini rancors and it said something like about what a piece of junk Kyle's summer was gonna be or whatnot. It was that long ago? OMG, feels like 'twas yesterday. The Jedi Academy Annual BBQ and Beer for Kyle!

#16 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 17:26

Yeah, i know a young man that has an AS (associate of science degree) in Electrical Engineering, and a AA (associate of arts degree) in physics, and he STILL can't find a related career, he's in sales right now, lol. So believe ME, Darth, it's harder for an ADULT to get a job than it is for a teenager. Don't be picky. The figures I gave is if you're earning a mere $7-$8 per hour. Plenty of jobs offer that. ESPECIALLY, service and retail. Don't try for GameStop or anything, they're picky about their employees. Go for Krystal Burger, or if you live up north, White Castle. Flipping a burger for a 5-7 years, in order to retire for decades is worth it. I wish I did it when I was younger. If big names like McDonald's and Wal-Mart dont hire you. Try a simple "Mom and Pop" shop. Work for a small-time local pizzeria, deliver pizzas (though I think u have to be 18 for that). Just don't give up. Check your State's labor/employment office. They have listings for MANY places that are willing to hire younger workers. Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King, you name it. GA residents can check georgia.gov NY residents ny.gov , etc. Don't give up! I live with the girlfriend, she's a registered nurse. She pays EVERYTHING, bills, food, etc. I'm an ASE certified mechanic. I SAVE EVERYTHING. 80% - 100% of my check goes to the money market accounts (yes, more than one). With ****ulative interest, we'll have $700,000+ saved in 6 years. I can retire at 27 yrs. Then the wedding won't leave us broke, and family life and all that nice stuff can start. lol

lol the problem isn't that i'm not picky it's that NOBODY will hire me.... eh well

#17 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 17:26

*i meant the problem isn't that i'm picky. srry for double post :P

#18 - BBQ and Beer - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 06-10-2008 at 00:03

I Love the smell of BBQ in the Summer even though we don't BBQ much

#19 - Posted by: B3n (Member) on 06-10-2008 at 08:42

The real question is "What is Summer doing over Kyle Katarn?"

#20 - Posted by: darth_binks44277404 (Member) on 06-10-2008 at 08:49

I think he'll probably just be watching GBA (Galactic Basketball Association). Imagine how many slam dunks you'd see once the jedi go against the sith!

#21 - Posted by: nizwiz (Member) on 06-11-2008 at 13:34

Dunno, Kyle kinda looks like the gardening type to me.

#22 - Posted by: Laser (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 14:13

He's going to watch Euro 2008 obviously, supporting Spain like me. Fernando Torres - Liverpool's Number 9!

#23 - Posted by: Srgt_Shotup (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 14:16

The light saber seems like it was made for backyard grilling... :D

#24 - MIAMI!!! - Posted by: Sniper_Shot (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 07:43

Kyle is totaly taking Jan to Miami for the summer. the'll enjoy drinks on the beach all night or until they pass out either one. Hey lets face it, it's not the most irreasboncible thing they could be doing. ( Um HUH).