Weekly Poll Results - Which one of these locations from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knig

Which one of these locations from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight or Mysteries of the Sith would you like to see re-created in Jedi Academy?

The Valley of the Jedi - Ruusan 27.5% (406)
Sith Temple - Dromund Kaas 22.1% (326)
The Katarn Homestead - Sulon 19.3% (285)
New Republic Base - Altyr V 11.6% (171)
Asteroid Crust / Asteroid Core 7.1% (105)
Barons Head -Sulon 6.7% (100)
The Swamps - Dromund Kaas 3.5% (53)
Other (Please Comment!) 1.8% (28)
Start: 02-14-2009 15:07
Last: 02-21-2009 21:57

#1 - Posted by: NOZYSPY (Staff) on 02-14-2009 at 15:10

Well this is my third attempt at a poll, and i thought a poll about re-creating locations from the original Jedi Knight / Mysteries of the Sith games in JKA would be cool, since i have just finished both those games for the first time! (I cant believe i waited over 10 years to play them! :eek: ) Hopefully this is more along the lines of what you guys wanted, rather than the 'completely random, crazy, poll' theme. :p Noz

#2 - Posted by: jinxfifty (Member) on 02-14-2009 at 16:48

Valley of the jedi pwns all :D

#3 - Posted by: Xodyac (Member) on 02-14-2009 at 18:06

Don't we already have a Valley of the Jedi map somewhere?

#4 - Posted by: NOZYSPY (Staff) on 02-14-2009 at 18:27

@ #3 Yes we do, but its only the very center of the valley where you fight Jerec, it doesnt include the rest of the tunnels and other areas.

#5 - Posted by: DoomRaiden (Member) on 02-14-2009 at 19:20

emm, i thought i saw Valley of the Jedi as a map on Movie Battles 2 ......... which IS a mod of JA so ............ well i just thought id say lol i picked astroid core though :)

#6 - Posted by: Wundai (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 00:23

Sithy's Temple :)

#7 - Posted by: DarthAyreon (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 01:52

Dromund Kaas the entire planet should be recreated in JKA engine!!! luckily we have MotS TC team:rock:

#8 - Posted by: XarexSith (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 02:31

The entire game(s).

#9 - Posted by: dynablade223 (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 03:09

Barons hed! With the town and the imperial tower and all that! I just loved that level.

#10 - The SWAMPS - Posted by: yodaman123 (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 13:31

I remember when I played that mission. It always scared the crap out of me, though I was still little and I just got my first PC

#11 - Katarn homestead, too many valley of the jedi's out there already - Posted by: Dean_Winchester (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 15:19

KATARN HOMESTEAD!!! because the valley of the jedi has been done to death. and yodaman i had the same deal with the game Shadows of the Empire when i was 6 or 7, i forget, but the sewers had huge tentacled things that ate you when you went underwater,and at the end of the sewers was a gigantic one that and ig-88 was freakin hard on the ord mantel level now i play it , whole game, on normal and ace it in 1 hour, 57 min, i timed it.

#12 - Posted by: Frieden (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 18:42

Canyon Oasis :rock:

#13 - Posted by: Omegamatt (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 19:23

Pretty much the entirety of DF2, half of DF1, and the later half of MotS would be awesome. Also, maybe the second level of MotS, for epic Imperial Base wins.

#14 - Posted by: Omegamatt (Member) on 02-15-2009 at 19:24

Also, to Dean Winchester, that sewer level sounds an awful lot like the sewer level of DF1. I don't remember a sewer in Shadows, but I never played that game more than once.

#15 - Forget the Valley - Posted by: Dark_Diablos (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 02:50

Barons head, Kyles home or the city map which you play on with Mara.

#16 - Posted by: alias5 (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 03:38

New Republic base on Altyr IV ftw!

#17 - Barons Hed - Posted by: Yhuthosa (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 13:07

I just loved that level and I love city maps

#18 - On the other hand - Posted by: Yhuthosa (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 13:13

Y'no, when I was little, I played the Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and was scared to go into the caves because of the Kell Dragons. Now I see the graphics and I laugh (until I got a mod to enhance the graphics :D ) It would be awsome to see the bowels of the valley of the jedi.

#19 - Posted by: Clonehunter (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 16:43

barons hed for jk2

#20 - Um Hello? - Posted by: AoF_Vigilante (Member) on 02-16-2009 at 20:13

Falling ship for the win. Coolest level ever! Running around on a topsy turvy ship plummeting from orbit? Tell me that would not be epic!

#21 - Posted by: ApollyonVII (Member) on 02-17-2009 at 21:11

Why did so many idiots vote for Valley of the Jedi? http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Valley_of_the_Jedi;90649 Idiots. It's been done, done, and done again. Katarn Homestead ftw. Now I'm going to play DF2 all over again. Ah, the memories..

#22 - Posted by: fett_man (Member) on 02-17-2009 at 21:37

I have to agree with #9 and #20 i loved barrons head i think you should somehow have the hole map with the imperial building and the surrounding city all in one and i think you should also recreate the sulon star falling from it's docking port on russan that was a very good level.

#23 - Posted by: fett_man (Member) on 02-18-2009 at 20:35

oh might i mention maybe the skyhook battle from shadows of the empire that level was the best

#24 - Posted by: Corr (Member) on 02-19-2009 at 12:58

VotJ was on Ruusan? Who'd thunk it. Baron's Hed! That was my all-time favorite after 8t-88's...uh, 'palace.'

#25 - Posted by: Zander_nao (Member) on 02-19-2009 at 23:49

This was a tough decision for me. I looked all through wookieepedia to weigh my options. This was a great choice for the poll. In the end I had to decide on Baron's Head with an emphasis on the imperial tower portion. Everyone thinks the duel map of the valley of the Jedi is it... What about the descent down the valley? Or the final confrontation area beneath the crust in that duel map? The moving statues? There are a lot of options, although I prefer the tower and the valley floor outside.

#26 - Posted by: the_stag (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 07:16

I had to go with other. I really enjoyed the Nar Shaddaa levels from both DF1 and JK1(DF2). There's so much potential in that city. As a runner up I would like the Executor and/or Arc Hammer from DF1. I've always been into the X-Wing series and the excitement from running around a ship as massive as that really gets me going.

#27 - Posted by: Ledzar157 (Member) on 02-20-2009 at 16:06

I like all the DF2 maps! :)

#28 - Posted by: Myster_EEE (Member) on 02-21-2009 at 18:23

Call me greedy but how 'bout all of them...