Word has it that this is the final update for the Jedi Academy Empire mod. Only time will tell if this is true, but perhaps we owe cHoSeN oNe a big round of applause for all the blood, sweat, and tears he's put into this mod on our behalf.
For those of you who have never experienced JAE, I shall leave a short description, written by the author:
This mod was created initially for the Jedi Academy. The JAE Mod is a server-side only modification designed administrate a server with ease. It is loaded with Admin Commands, Client Commands, Server Options and cVars; Extremely modified to meet any clans and admins expectations. This is truly the only mod you will ever need to get that doesn't alter the normal game play of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy®.
All the features and commands are listed in the lengthy HTML read-me, so I won't go into detail on those. I will, however, list the changelog for you:
- New CVar g_mAdminLoginControl allows specific settings for restricting the clients that are authorized to enter your server without the hassle of altering passwords all the time. Great for clan servers.
- New Saber Damage Amplifier CVars - to fully adjust your saber combat to the extent it needs should you prefer a different feel to your server.
- @ allows you to do admin chat directly from any chat mode.
- Time can now be tracked during private duels.
- Refactored some code having to do with the saber damage cvars.
- Linux Makefile has been revamped to mirror the one originally created by Raven Software. Raven Makefile is also included with the source code.
- Project has been upgraded to compile in Visual Studio 2005. VS 2002 and 2003 projects still exist.
- Over 10 new bugfixes applied from authors in LucasForums. Author credit is commented in the code.
- New emsit4, emsit5, and emsit6 emotes so you can sit proper in those chairs. That is a total of 20 emotes in all.
- New g_mPSayMode CVar to control the location of the private chat messages.
- New warning system based on the idea introduced by MultiPlayer Xtra mod.
- Re-added g_mSaberDMGIdle and g_mSaberDMGThrow CVars to better control the saber system should it deviate from basejk.
- New CVars g_mDuelTimer and g_mDuelTimerWait to control the waiting period a client needs to wait between another private duel.
- New Cvar g_mBanFile to signify the name of the file you want to save the banned IP addresses in.
- Source Code available via Subversion
- Built off of the Jedi Academy Mod for Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast.
- New documentation rewritten and verified in XHTML 1.0
- Rank name automatically appended to names for chatting.
- Admin levels use shared command names.
- All new emotes
- Custom chat colors
- Fixed buffer overflow in amsay.
- Completely refactored code base to increase speed and overall optimizations.
- New commands !about, !license to view the terms of the software.
- Fixed security issue with viewing the rconPassword using the mvstr command.
- Windows binaries and Linux shared objects are packaged together.
Lots of good features and updates for a mod that's already proven its worth in the community. Hopefully this will indeed be the last needed update for the Jedi Academy Empire mod!
HTML read-me included in archive. Please view for full details.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!