Well, part 1 is finally here. In order to review this without giving anything away, I'll break it down into a simple list of the movie elements.
1. Camera Movements Good: kept the action in view most of the time, wasn't jittery or anything. Bad: Some of the camera movements could be better, and less random.
2. Information Good: The movie kept you informed with what's happening, you weren't left in the dark. Bad: The constant text screens are annoying. When people watch a movie, they usually don't want to read stuff, and they distract you from what's going on.
3. Combat Good: Wasn't overstressed; decent action shots. Bad: The combat is ok, but it's too similar to actual JKA fighting. By that I mean it seems more random rather than scripted.
4. Music Good: Right tone for what was happening, and wasn't over-dramatic. Bad: Too loud. 'Nuff said.
5. Player Acting Good: Actors moved in unison, use of animations was properly used. Bad: Sometimes they were a little off, could be done a little better. No dialog.
I know it may sound impossible, but for combat, I would have used NPCs and some custom animations, like they do on taspir right before you fight Alora again.
Rather than use screens with text like some early Charley Chapman movie, use a deep voice-over. (Think Rahn in DFII:JK.)
The movie could use some dialog. Try this setup: Voice-over at the beginning of a scene, action/dialog during the scene, voice-over for important events, repeat.
Well, that about wraps it up, really. For a low quality version, click here. For a high quality version, click here.
*********************** Ravagerlord Industries *********************** _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Mystic Forces: part 1 - we were once gods: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ============================================ Type of Movie: full length movie (14:25) Quality: Medium Quality (576x720) Author: Ravagerlord Website: http://www.ravagerlord.co.nr ============================================ How to view? > Use either winrar or 7-zip to unpack the video. > View it with windows media player. Description: > This movie was made to give a movie version, fitting in with the story written by AmonRa, on how the clan <|GOD|> turned into <|MF|>. Mystic Forces clan hopes you'll enjoy this movie as much we enjoyed making it. Goofs: > Not everyone is perfect lol, so there are some goofs in the movie. Find em!! Credits: > Actors: AmonRa, .:BobaFett:., Sephiroth, R@isen, Dave', Diablo, Prophet, Thunder, snaKe, R4chet, Varr, Secura, Arix, Schyther, TheOneEyedDude, Ashsky, Joker, N@pster > Skins: by Ravagerlord Industries, Ravensoft > Written and directed by: AmonRa > Music by: David Buckley, Randy Edelman > Filmed by: Ravagerlord > Effects by: Dave' > Maps: t2_rancor, t3_rift, t3_hevil > Created with: Jedi Academy (a Jedi Knight game), Fraps, Windows Movie Maker 6.0 > Thanks to: AmonRa, Dave', all actors, special guest, .:BobaFett:. (creator of ultra Utility) > Special thanks: Lucasarts Entertainment Company, Ravensoft, George lucas, and omg.. Rosh Penin ._0 - - - - - - - - - - - - *Copyright/Permissions* YOU CANNOT MODIFY/USE THIS MOVIE OR ITS CONTENT WITHOUT ASKING FOR PREMISSION TO THE AUTHOR! THIS MOVIE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. THIS MOVIE WAS PRODUCED BY RAVAGERLORD INDUSTRIES - MOVIE PRODUCTION AND MYSTIC PRODUCTIONS.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!