On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... A Reelo reskin as simple as can be.
And it doesn't get much more simple than this folks! Flat red and green with zero detail were added ontop of the Reelo skin. Now... the colours were added in the right places. That is, the outfit itself is composed well, with a playful elfish feel to it, but the sheer blandness of the textures outweigh this redemming quality.
To =[DF]= BLASTer PL: Here's a quick texturing tip for ya! Think of it as an early X-mas gift. ;)
1) Define the areas of the new outfit just as you did, but put each element on it's own layer. Some elements you could group together like the front shirt buttons.
2) Select one of the layers and create a "Mask" from it. (also known as an alpha channel in some programs)
3) Find a basic texture of clothing. There are a bunch of websites out there where you can download texture swatches for free.
4) Copy and Paste the cloth texture into your file, and then 'create object from mask'. This can be done by doing a copy/paste with the cloth texture within the mask boundries, or in some programs, from the menus
5) What you'll have now is the cloth texture in the shape of the original drawn element. Now you can use an airbrush to paint over and colour it, or use a colour replace function, or my favourte: Colour Balance.
6) Repeat for your other elements
Even just a hint of actual 'texture' in a skin will make it jump off the screen at you. Good luck in your future projects!
New Sounds: No Team Support: No Bot Support: No
Elf (Santa's Helper) skin for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy made by =[DF]= BLASTer PL It's the Santa Claus' Elf helper or JA. It's my first publicated skin, but not first of all my skins. It's just simple and funny skin (my other are better), for all those, who like Santa Reelo skin. I had an idea that Santa Reelo must have some helpers. So I thought that the best will be rodian. Just extract this file to Jedi Academy\Game Data\base Have fun and Merry Christmas for all SW and JK fans! [email protected]
There are no comments yet. Be the first!