Darth Algar is probably best known for his Zabrak skins. He's done some great skinning and this skin pack for his clan is nothing short of ... well, very cool. :) There's quite a variety of models used and they are all selectable from the player menu, or the custom species menu. Some of these skins are from JK2, some are new, it's just a big skin pack of all of Darth Algar's skins for his clan.
There's no way I'm going to name them all, so let's just go in order of screenshots. :)
1 - The Rodian here is obviously Sith in his dark clothing and markings. It's a great looking skin that gives the Rodian a little bit of polish and takes away that ... I dunno ... that utilitarian look that Rodians always seem to have.
2. I have no idea what model was used for this skin. But I absolutely love the shoulder shield thingy in the back. That's just too freakin' cool. Other than that, I thought the face was just a bit too dark.
3. Padme gone Sith. She still keeps that sweetness about her even dressed in shiny leather (er, that PVC stuff, right?) and in spite of the glowing red eyes and dark tats on her face.
4. Probably one of my favorites of the females included in this pack. The Twi'lek has an ethereal quality about her. She's still very evil-looking, but softer, too. The light blue tattoos all over her body are almost like veins.
5. Meh. This skin kinda bugs me. That's Anakin, right? With the really pointed chin and really broad shoulders. There's just something that bugs me about the face of this one. It looks too goth for the clothes he's wearing or something.
6. Okay, I have mixed feelings about this Kyle reskin. I like Kyle all Sith-like and stuff. But the tag on the front, mixed with the skull (I think) on the arm, with the Batman-esque painted on mask tattoo - blah.
7. Desann reskins are sometimes my favorites. I love to see what people do with the lizard. In this case, the author attempted to make him even more evil with a skull on his chest. Meh. I like the rest of the skin, but the skull thing just seems too cliche to me.
8. I do believe this is probably Darth Algar's personal skin. But don't quote me on that. He seems to really favor the Zabrak, so I'm assuming it's his. It's a very simple skin, with the focus on the white face with some very nice artwork.
9. There is just something about this skin that bugs me. Maybe it's the focus on the breasts and how unnatural they look. I do like the clothes and the face tattoos, but the bodice just annoys me.
10. Okay, creepiest skin ever. The shader is very cool and you can like, peer into this Sith's evil soul and ... yeah. *shudder*
11. This is such a great Austin Powers skin. The suit is perfect and he totally looks like him. It's just a modified version of the one by Shadow Blight. Love it.
Great job on this skin pack, Darth Algar. :D
Bot Support: Yes Team Colors: Yes New Sounds: Yes
Custom Skin Pack - !SoS! Skin Pack (JA) ==================================== I N F O ==================================== Author - Darth Algar Website - http://www.shadowsofthesith.com File Name - Z_!SoS!_Pack_Algar.pk3 Version - 2.0 Skin Names - !SoS! Austin Powers Desann Duchess Human Male Kyle Lord Rodian Male Twi'Lek Female Zabrak Female Zabrak Male Zabrak Male Robed Custom Sounds - Yes CTF red/blue - Yes Bot Support - Yes No known bugs ==================================== D E S C R I P T I O N ==================================== This is basically a compilation of all the clan skins I've made to date, plus the 2 created by !SoS! Kurse - Desann & Kyle. Every skin is either selectable through the default menu screen, OR THROUGH THE CUSTOM SPECIES MENU. Every skin has a range of colors to choose from, based on the ranking system of our clan. This was a nice way to organize the ranks without cluttering up the main menu screen. Most of the skins also have multiple options for the head, torso, and legs. !SoS! Austin Powers was a request from one of our members back in JK2. I modified it slightly for JA. !SoS! Desann & !SoS! Kyle were created by !SoS! Kurse. All I did was incorporate color selection into them. !SoS! Human Male is my newest skin. I did it one night because I was bored, and I'm fairly satisfied with the final product. There are also 2 head options. !SoS! Duchess is simply a port of the JK2 version I made along with color selection. !SoS! Lord is a skin I've been working with since JK2 and I've come up with some nice variations of the original. There's a lot of shader work in some of the options. There's 2 head options, 5 torso options, and 3 lower options. !SoS! Rodian Male was another time-killing skin. I tried to give it more of a Sith look. !SoS! Twi'Lek Female is a skin that I tried to make look exotic and villian-esque at the same time. After I was finished, I thought that she made a better Alora than the original. There's 2 options for the head, 2 for the torso. !SoS! Zabrak Female was one of the first skins I worked on for JA. I had worked on another female zabrak for JK2 using the Lady Brena model, but the model left me frustrated. The new JA zabrak was perfect and I got to work on it right away. Again, I tried to make it look exotic and evil at the same time. I must give some credit to Plasma, not for the actual images, but b/c one member requested to make it look similar to his oriental flava pack. 2 options for the head, 2 for the torso, 3 for the legs. !SoS! Zabrak Male has been my personal skin(s) since I first joined !SoS!. It's gone through 3 renovations since then, and all are selectable. I was about to begin work on a new version, when I heard about a new Maul model in progress. Since then, I've been anxiously waiting for it's release. !SoS! Zabrak Robed was my shader experiment for JK2. Each skin has a different effect. I tried to make it so the color of the effects could be changed, but to no avail. I also started working on a new version of this, then stopped when I heard that the new Maul model would also have a robed version. ==================================== I N S T A L L A T I O N ==================================== Unzip the Z_!SoS!_Pack_Algar.zip file into your "base" folder in the Jedi Academy gamedata folder. *important that the file name begins with z, or the species names won't show. ==================================== C O P Y R I G H T S ==================================== Please read carefully I give permission to MODIFY (not copy) these skins as long as credit is clearly and explicitly given to me, Darth Algar, and the model's original authors (as I have done). Also, notify me (firstname.lastname@example.org) when u use anything of mine. ------------------------------------ Special thanks to Raven Software. Or course, none of these would be possible without them. ------------------------------------ Padme model: Leo Kraan Austin Powers skin: Shadow Blight Obi Wan model: Tex360, Toonces, Arco, Mars, Deetox, Wolf Devil Young Emporer Clone skin: Garik Loran Darth Maul model: Adam Lee Emporer Palpatine model: Toonces ------------------------------------ THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!