Monkey Harris has released version 6 of his unofficial Kingpin patch.
The Monkey Harris patch has heaps of fixes and improvements, including custom screen resolutions, several download tweaks, console and hud fixes, and it downloads a list of the current Kingpin game servers and it adds them to your 'Join Network Server' menu. Plus several other fixes.
Most of the fixes are automatic but if you want to set a custom resolution, turn vsync off, set max FPS and a few others just click on the patchcfg.exe file to open it and set your preferences.
Just read the patch.txt file for comprehensive information about the patch.
Just unzip the files to your Kingpin folder.
A summary of the new features:-
* Menus are drawn using a hi-res font that's sized according to the screen resolution.
* There's a new menu option for the console font size, which defaults to auto-enlarging for very high resolutions (eg. 4K).
* The HUD size option applies to scoreboards now too.
* A "previous weapon" option is added to the controls menu.
* There's a new crosshair size option.
* The crosshair is not shown when spectating except when using eyecam mode.
* Map files can be always downloaded to the "main" directory to avoid duplicates.
* Chat text stays on screen across map changes.
* Duplicate entries are removed from the console command history.
* The console background can be made (semi) transparent.
* The netgraph and timegraph backgrounds are now semi-transparent by default (adjustable).
* The built-in server browser now uses the Gamespy protocol so it can work with any Gamespy-compatible master server.
Released: 18th August 2019 4:47am
There are no comments yet. Be the first!